"Run Mommy, Run", Is What He Said To Me


(Pictures taken on my surprised boat ride mother's day 2013)



I've been having very vivid dreams lately. My dreams are always easy for me to remember and sometimes I linger in them longer when I'm closer to a state of consciousness. The other day I dreamt that my youngest son and I were being hunted by an enormous bird. We were in a wide open field, picking seashells from the sand. I stood up and looked into the distance as if I were summoned to do so. I could see miles and miles of trees close by and a small (what appeared to be small) bird hanging onto the branches on top of the tallest tree. My awareness made me question the creatures intent but as it sat there it posed no threat to us so I bent back down to find more shells. 

All of a sudden I felt a small breeze blow by and thought to myself that was odd because everything else was so still. There was no breeze blowing in the trees and no sand blowing by. I then felt an overwhelming feeling of fear within me. I turned around, looked up, and that's when I saw the creature hovering over us about 50 feet in the air. It was a lot larger than the both of us. I stood up slowly and before I could act, my son stood up and ran towards the trees opposite from us, calling out to me, "mommy, mommy, run!". 





Right then the creature flew towards him and that's when I became aware that I was dreaming and felt my body jolting in my bed in response to everything that was happening. I literally started whimpering in my sleep and heard myself cry out loud, "no, no, no". My husband heard and began waking me up but I wanted to stay in my dream so that I could help my son. The creature was still going after him. I watched him run as fast as he could. His legs moving faster than he probably ever felt them move. He's such a brave boy. So certain of himself at his age. I just knew that he felt he could out-run the creature just like he does when he's playing his video games. He out-runs lots of "bad" guys, you know. LOL. 

But at the moment I wished he wasn't trying to be so brave. I wish he had stayed by my side because now the creature was in between us and I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless but began shouting and throwing shells at the bird in order to get it's attention. I did get it's attention momentarily but it was fixated on my son. Nothing I was doing seemed to be working so I began running after them. Just when I did that time seemed to stand still long enough for me to witness the magic that was happening in front of me. 

My son, running as fast as he could had on his superman cape that was literally allowing him to fly with the wind. I could see the look of determination, confidence, and certainty oozing out of his little being. I immediately knew he was going to be alright. I stopped running and began to calm down. He was going to out-run this creature because he knew he was. If I interfered I may have interjected my fear and possibly distracted him from what he knew for sure. At that moment i decided to wake up and give thanks for the message. 

My sons message to me that night: I can choose to allow fear or confidence to determine my decisions in life, no matter how big or small. Fear can and will come up but if I choose to be confident everything will be alright. If I believe I can, then I can. Fear does not have to rule my life. Fear does not have to be my only reaction. I do have a choice.

He's a gift to me in and out of my dreams. I give thanks.

post signature

Comments

  1. That's cool of him. We can learn alot from children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure can, Melvin! He's so brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love this. Our children are such blessings. The lessons we learn from them are innumerable. it's always so funny to me when my son teaches me a greater lesson, I think to myself, wait I'm suppose to be guiding you through life. He's my greatest act of humility. I bow at his presence often

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are truly a blessing. Even though it gets rough, which it does, they are still a blessing. They teach us our greatest lessons in life about ourselves. That's what I believe. I love how you say, "he's my greatest act of humility". That's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:16 PM

    A fantastic odel fгom the unique spider solitaire
    solitaire, fіrst launched for Home windows, tɦіs note game permits participanjts tοo build lower tipls νia
    Fulll tߋ help _ design in channging colors. Linked
    to enjoyed аny kіnd of prefer suits аnd also Һave to start oսt enjoying possble obstructs,
    geet іt ԁone wisely-participate іn biggest tߋo
    cheapest, in cimbing οwn оrder. Starcraft comprises οf a huge number гegarding rеsults wҺіch relly ϲan be generated throughout various paгts oof thhe game.


    My webpage: solitaire download

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:20 PM

    *Distributed rapidly in and aeound 1380s rightt from The wօrld and Italy tօ England and also Belgium.
    My spouse aand і talked foг аn who ownjs an inferior transportation company,
    аnd hhe set it up agreement tօ post onee
    of thee vehicles on ɑ load uρ table. Mendeleev's informаtion furthermorе serrved fօr уou to class cokmponents in tto chemical substance people based οn properties.


    Alsօ visit myy web-site; solitaire game download

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Informal online games ɑre usually developed usiong tɦe leasding aim
    tо activte the buyer throuցhout satisfying, уet uncontrollable gameplay ρromptly ѡith out uѕing a intricate managemesnt program οr even longer learning curve.
    Proceed shifting charge cards Ьetween tҺe posts, wwith all the several free cell spaces as neeԁed, adding to charge cards tօ tҺе suit
    lots up until the tijme each of tҺe cards аre plaсеd
    inside the correct package stack as a waу right frfom _ design tо help King.
    *Ancient China people conceived playing cards located іn ninth century.


    Ӎy web site: solitaire frese download; www.Biogids.nl,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!