Yoga, A Way of Life

This week I decided that it was time to begin my Yoga practice again. It’s been a long time since I practiced, over six months to be exact. Now I’m realizing how much I missed it. Yoga is more than just movements, a faze, something one does.. Yoga is a way of life. You can’t practice Yoga and not feel compelled to make changes in other areas of your life. Like embracing how much Yoga is connected to my spiritual practices, many of which I put aside for sometime. The reasons are rather touchy at the moment and maybe I’ll share that at another time. But, I’m making a conscious effort to bring them back into my life, today.



Here are a few others things I’ve noticed:

1. My body feels great.

2. My mind is clearer.

3. I want to feed my body the things it needs not always what it wants.

4. When I’m dealing with my children and Husband I’m more patient.

5. I’m physically becoming stronger.

Just these five things alone makes this practice worth it for me.

Moving your body in whatever way you choose whether it be Yoga, Running, Swimming, Cycling, Aerobics, Tai Chi, Palates, Zumba, whatever it is will change your life for the better. Physical fitness not only strengthens your body but it will also strengthen your mind.

What kind of exercise regime do you practice? What would you like to practice if there was nothing stopping you?

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!