Just One Last Time




Laying in the bed, I watch you get ready for work. 


It's something I enjoy doing, much!

And as I do, I begin to face those challenges of you leaving, again.

Not wanting you to leave but knowing you have to go, 

Trying to find the strength inside to appreciate both.

You're looking around now. Where is it, you ask.

I pretend not to know what you're looking for, only to keep you home just a little bit longer.

Ok, ok...you're getting a bit more frazzled than I would like to see you.

It's under your pillow, where you put it last night.

You stop, look at me, smile, I smile back.

Gotta go, gotta leave you now.

But before you do, you hold me and kiss me...just one last time.

Copyright © 2012 




See more poems HERE!

post signature


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!