Exactly What I Needed


Last week Tuesday I had a full two hour pleasurable experience at The Sole Spa. Yes, in the middle of a Tuesday afternoon I dropped everything and decided it was finally time to go and allow my body to receive some pampering.
{Thank you Honey for surprising me with such a gift, for no special occasion, just simply giving me something I would thoroughly enjoy. You like doing things like this for me and I'm absolutely grateful. It was just what I needed to prepare me for the eventful weekend that I/we had.} 
The Sole Spa specializes in reflexology and foot massage. They also provide full body massage from head to toe as well. I've had reflexology performed on me before but this, by far, has been my best experience yet. My appointment started with a 60 minute body massage that was a combination of deep tissue and Swedish technique. I asked for that combo because there are certain parts of my body where I need deeper, more focused penetration. Over the years this has changed for me. I used to never be able to stand deep tissue but I welcome it now. I was in pure bliss as she took her time to release energy blockages throughout my body. I was in need of this release because it was messing with my equilibrium, my flow. Ever feel tension in your neck or around the top of your shoulders? And no matter how many stretches you may do the tension still remains. That's where I was experiencing my blockages. My energy was not flowing through my body as it should and it was time to get what I needed, to get what my body needed, a release. 
After my body massage I got up from my bed, sipped on some more of my ginger tea. If you know me, you know I love ginger tea. She led me to the sitting area where she prepared a tub of warm to slightly hot water for me to soak my feet in. This was so relaxing that it felt like my whole body was submerged in the tub. Come to think of it, I wish it was but I'll leave that for JeJu. While my feet soaked she gave me an amazing face massage. That did it, I was on my way to complete and utter surrender. I slowly drifted off to slumber. I felt her leave my face and walk down to my feet. After drying them off she began, what I think her sole purpose here on earth is, reflexology. I want you to picture eating your favorite dessert as you slowly take a bite, and savour it in your mouth for as long as you need to in order to experience a burst of electricity pulsing through your body over and over again. You feel me? For about 45 minutes that electricity pulsed through my body freely, playfully, and as easy as it wanted to. I was open to receive her healing and allowed my body to respond in whatever way it wanted to, needed to. 
Since then there have been other opportunities that have come up during my week and weekend that have assisted in more release and progressive healing. 
Have you been putting off that much needed time to pamper yourself? If so, wait no more, go now and find out what delicious, pleasurable experience awaits you.

post signature


Comments

  1. Sounds wonderful! I actually kept "forgetting" to make my massage appointment. I finally called and have one coming up next week. I'm going to schedule ahead for at least once a month (maybe twice) and make it a standing appointment. I need regular pampering and I can't keep putting everyone else first. Glad you enjoyed it and that your hubby surprised you. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I needed to read. I need a day to myself along with the spa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petual ~ Scheduling your pleasure time in advanced means that you are truly an important figure in your life, you go lady ;-) I'm celebrating for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Reginia ~ I'm glad you got what you needed from this post! I hope you take that special day soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, I recently had a spa day myself and it was worth every single penny! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!