Would You Like to Take a Trip With Barack Obama?

obamaAs the school year comes to a close for some, in our house it’s just begun…again! We teach our children all year round with breaks in between; one of the many benefits to Homeschooling. We do this for many reasons. It allows us time to work on other projects that are not centered around curriculum based learning. An example of this is when things pick up in our business ventures, lessons are not interrupted just turned towards another focus to pursue accomplishing that task. Our children are very much a part of everything we do as what we do is all about family and moving to the next level in our lives as a whole. Life is a full learning experience. We embrace all aspects of it and allow our children the freedom to learn what we see is appropriate to learn at that time.
Just a few weeks ago I was given the honor by Mom Central, for my family to review an historic event that was captured by The New York Times on Barack Obama’s journey from childhood to becoming the 44th President of the United States of America. Many of us can relate and share in the experiences we had with our children as the world watched this journey unfold. And, for many of us it was one filled with emotions that we still, to this day, cannot completely with words express how it made us feel. I watched my children become so involved with the debates, the news, the polls, the ups and downs, all involving politics and the movement that Barack Obama created as he pursued his dream. My children were inspired! I was proud because they were proud to see someone who looked like them set out on his journey to become the next President and accomplish that goal in the face of adversity. My children witnessed him do this with extraordinary pride, courage, and excellence that no one can deny.
The New York Times did a wonderful job as they put together a collection of photos that captured the essence of Obama, his work, his family and the journey. The book was adapted for young readers to give our children a better look at and a deeper understanding of the life of a man who has touched the lives of so many Americans, Non-Americans, and young people in a way that so few leaders can do. We enjoyed every bit of it!
The name of the book is called, Obama: The Historic Journey Young Reader’s Edition. If you haven’t gotten your copy as yet please do. You and your children will be in for a real treat as were we.
post signature

Comments

  1. Lisa, I just realized I've connected with you on another networking site that I haven't been on in a while (smile). I think it's Black Moms or somthing like that. I homeschool year round also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momsweb ~ Nice to meet you! Welcome to Lisa C's, visit again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?