My Sunshine Has Come

Just the other day I had the pleasure to sit in the chair of a beautiful loctician and feel her loving tender touch as she cared for my hair. As many of you may know this was a BIG step for me; going natural that is. And then to top it off, locing my hair.
It’s been a great and wonderful experience so far, one that I am very happy that I decided to make. My journey is coming along beautifully especially since I’ve connected with Sunshine. She’s had her locs for 9 years now and they are beautiful. I trust her with not only my hair but my daughters as well. Thanks Sunshine!!
I’ve been asked my many of you to share pics of my hair, start a hair journal or just give you something. . .lol :) Well hair you go ladies and gents….with a little extra too ;)
100_2205 100_2207 100_2217
Yes! That’s grey hair that you see. Since I’ve allowed the perm to grow out I also stopped coloring my hair and that took guts!! I love my grey hair and so does hubby. Some people say it’s wisdom while others say it’s stress. I say it’s ME as beautiful as I can be!! The other day I was walking down the aisle in Walmart and a lady said she wish she was that brave. I said you are that brave you just haven’t allowed yourself to Be brave. It’s only a decision to see what you want to see, so I’m deciding to see beauty. Now, I do intend on coloring again once the perm is all grown out because I enjoy change.
I’ve been told by many of you that I have inspired you to embrace more of YOU fully and completely. I am grateful for your love and cheers. It has helped me to keep going. The more and more I say YES to my authentic self the more and more I attract beautiful people like you! You inspire me! 100_2199I’m visualizing when my locs are fully matured and flowing freely down my hips, simply BEAUTIFUL!!! Wouldn’t you say ~

Comments

  1. You could wear any doo that you wanted to Lisa, your beautiful personality gives you freedom of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful I expected anyway! I love the gray and my hubby tells me my gray is sexy. I don't think I will ever color my hair. I never have in my 35 years so why start now, right? It is great that you found someone you trust with you and your girls' hair. I'm happy for you Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelia ~ Thank you Sis!! I feel your love :)

    Sheliza ~ Lady Lady, do you see why I say I have beautiful people who keep me going...what would I do without you :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I keep trying to get hubby to just lock his hair up as well as he gets so sick of it sometimes. I think it looks just beautiful and good for you for not coloring, you got guts girl, there's no way you'll catch me never coloring my hair, although no gray's yet, I don't wanna ever see them pop up lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your hair! I haven't relaxed mine in years I wish I could get mine to look like yours does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina ~ LOL...that's exactly how I felt in the beginning, you have to be serious about it...LOL! Your hubby would look good in locs, maybe I can help. Let me know ;-)

    Darcel ~ You are a beautiful woman! I like your blogs and what you are talking about, glad I found you. Thanks for your beautiful words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey BEAUTIFUL LADY!! You know I love the hair! I have also decided not to color any more. I had not permed in 4 months and the grey was crazy but then I colored 2 months ago and hated it so I will not be doing that again!!
    Been thinking about locking but I want to do the fro thing for a while(when the rest of this darn perm finishes growing out)!
    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As we spoke that day in the bathroom about the option of locing your hair and me starting over...I did not expect to see you the next time with your locs. They are beautiful and carry a magnificent glow...such as you. Be well, Peace!

    Roxanne, Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roxi ~ Hey Lady!! I'm so glad you got a chance to stop by. I am looking forward to another one of your "ladies night out" :)

    Thanks so much for your help in my journey, you inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?