HomeSchooling Rocks!



Homeschooling has won....again!!!

Evan O'Dorney, a 13 year old home schooled boy, wins the 80th annual spelling bee. Check out the story here.

Some stats from this years spelling bee:

286 spellers this year, the greatest number of spellers in the history of the event. 139 were boys and 147 were girls.

The School type:
192 public (67.13%)
38 private (13.29%)
36 home (12.59%)
14 parochial (4.9%)
5 charter (1.75%)
1 virtual (.34%)
Of last year's 274 spellers, 195 were public-schooled, 37 were home-schooled, 26 were private-schooled, 13 were parochial-schooled, and 3 were charter-schooled.

Click here to see the rest.

Comments

  1. I am always in awe of those kids at the spelling bee...

    Did you see Akeelah and the Bee...wonderful movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Excellent! I used to participate in spelling bee's. My daughter is homeschooled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How excellent! I am considering homeschooling ( I have three little ones) but I am afraid, so afraid....but this gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?