The Blacker the Cherry the Sweeter the Juice.....Literally


We had cherries today for an afternoon snack. When I was growing up I used to love eating cherries especially when they came right out of the refrigerator. Umm, umm sooo good!

The kids didn't enjoy them as much as I would have liked them too.
"Mommy they are not sweet enough. Mommy they are messy. Mommy my hands are turning purple." Oh, the joys of having a little snack turn in to a full blown complaint fest!

The blacker the cherry the sweeter the juice. "What did you say Mommy." The blacker the cherry the sweeter the juice!

Digging through the bag out comes some darker colored cherries, "Ummm Mommy, these are good". We like cherries now!!!

A satisfied Mommy once again!

(mind you, this is not the first time we had cherries together, but the first in a long time. amazing how they forget)


Comments

  1. Anonymous8:15 AM

    One of the few things I miss about living in Seattle are the rainier cherries. They were plentiful and always so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, we used to make weekly runs to Cherry Valley for bags when the kids were young .... the loved eating them after swimming ... nver realized it's cuz I knew they'd then get right in the tub....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?