I Call It Sweetie & Some Things I Learned On My Raw Food Challenge


I'm a juicing, smoothie, blending, mixing, concocting, brewing, creating, wild woman, and I love it. Ever since deciding to do the 21 Day Fully Raw Challenge five weeks ago I can't, and won't stop. My Vitamix won't make me. LOL.
My diet is mainly raw now. I do a juice or smoothie, or fruit for breakfast. A raw or cooked vegetarian meal for lunch. And a huge salad or a huge bowl of fruit for dinner. Throughout the day I munch on nuts, vegan dehydrated chips, raisins, or fruit whenever I get hungry. It helps to have these kind of healthy food choices around me. 

Physically I feel much better than I did a few weeks ago. I have more energy, I've released some pounds, I experience less bloating and indigestion. I also notice that the amount of food I eat at one time has decreased drastically. I use to eat so much food in one sitting and now the thought of it makes me feel ill. This was the best decision I made for myself. Since the challenge ended it has not been difficult to maintain this healthy, raw lifestyle. I decided halfway through the challenge that I was going to continue long after my challenge because of how I was feeling and the results I was getting. I prefer this and so does my body. I'll continue to write and make videos sharing all that I've learned and am still learning about eating raw. 

If you're thinking about doing the challenge and need support, let me know. During the challenge I held a support conference call for the ladies who joined me. It was great. Twice a week for three weeks we got together to share our challenges, accomplishments, tips, and recipes. It helped me to get through the tough times which I experienced often. It was great to share and lean on women who decided to brave these waters with me. 
Again, if you're thinking about doing a challenge like this one and need support send me an email and let's connect. 
lisa@lisarcharles.com 

On the morning I cooked my family the Vegan French Toast (that I couldn't eat it because I was still on the challenge) I prepared one of my favorite smoothies. I call this one, "Sweetie". 

The recipe is below if you want to give it a try. Enjoy!

Slicing some pink lady apples.

Strawberries and apples.


Yum!

This is one of the easiest smoothies to make and it taste so good.

Here are the ingredients:

1 Cup sliced strawberries (I leave on the stems because of it's nutritional value)
2 Large Pink Lady Apples
A handful of Spinach (Not shown)
2 Dates (Not shown)
1 1/2 - 2 Cups of water

That's it!
Of course you can modify the amounts according to how much you want.

What's your favorite smoothie to make? Share in the comments, I'd love to give it a try.

xo,

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!