First Time Making Vegan French Toast - Slammed It!


Saturday night I sat at my computer browsing for vegan recipes which lead me to watching one of my friends on youtube. I found the recipe that I was going to try Sunday morning! Vegan French Toast. It looked so yummy and so easy, I had to give it a try. It was perfect because I had some really, really ripe bananas that no one wants to eat but are still good for making smoothies and now, french toast. Brilliant!

Thank you Aly, for making this dish look incredibly easy and delicious. I love your youtube channel and blog. (P.S, I've known Aly since the beginning of my online adventures. We met blogs back in 06'. I love the blogosphere for things like this.)

I'll share the pictures first and then the recipe at the end. Enjoy!



Really, really ripe bananas are good to use in this recipe. Before you say, eww, bananas are best eaten speckled. These are best in smoothies as well.

Coconut milk. Two cans worked for the amount I needed. 

Bananas in the Vitamix, oh yeah.

Coconut milk added, just enough to cover the bananas.



Mmmmm.

Bananas and coconut milk blended together.

Batter into the bowl.

Coconut oil I got in my Klout package. First time trying this brand. I really liked how it didn't burn fast in my pot.

I started with a plain batch at first. Meaning, no cinnamon, or nutmeg added to the batter.

Fully covered slice of toast. I used whole wheat bread. Next time I'll switch it up and try another brand, just to see what I like.

First slice slowly added to my already hot pot with a few drizzles of coconut oil.

Batter with cinnamon and nutmeg added to it.

It smelled so good. We could smell the bananas and coconut milk.

Finished product. It was a winner. Kid and Husband approved.  

Sunday was my last day of the 21 day fully raw challenge so I couldn't even eat the french toast. LOL. I will next time though.

I made enough batter to make 22 slices of french toast with the amount of ingredients I used. Recipe below.

Ingredients - 

6 really ripe bananas
2 cans coconut milk
Bread of your choice
Coconut oil for frying. You can use whatever oil you like.
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Whatever other spices you like


  1. Blend bananas and coconut milk.
  2. Pour into large mixing bowl.
  3. Add spices.
  4. Heat oil in frying pan.
  5. Dip bread into batter.
  6. Slowly lay battered covered bread onto oil in frying pan.
  7. Fry until golden brown, then flip.
  8. Remove when firm on both sides.
Simple. I will definitely be cooking this again. 

If you give it a try let me know.



post signature

Comments

  1. I've got to try this! Looks so fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone said it was so good, Sheena!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!