A Delicious Pot of Chickpea & Spinach Soup

I enjoy cooking with my children. We're always looking for recipes to try. The other day we felt like cooking together and found a recipe in my Health Master recipe book called, "Chickpea & Spinach Soup". It sounded enticing and good enough for us, so off to the grocery store I went to gather the ingredients. I left everyone home so that I could enjoy the experience by myself. I knew that once I got home I would be spending the rest of the evening with them. This was my way of craving out time alone for myself - something I do often with having so many children.

I love going to the grocery store alone. I take my time and feel my way through the aisles. I'll pick up new products that I haven't seen or heard of before, read about it, do a Google search while standing there if I have to, and decide to buy it or not. This is one way I keep our menu from getting boring because my children like trying new foods. I'll usually pick out a bouquet of flowers for myself because I love flowers and love receiving them. I think it's such a beautiful gesture to buy yourself flowers or anything that makes you feel special, don't you? 

The soup was delicious, simple, and easy to make. We had fun preparing it together which is probably the best part for all of us, right alongside eating the finished product together. 

Below are some of the best pictures I was able to capture. It was a lot of us in our small kitchen and so much happening all at once that I missed taking some shots. And, I didn't even capture the finished product but trust me, it was good. 


Victoria, chopping the Garlic.

David, slicing the Leeks.

Leeks in the pot with the Grapeseed Oil. 

Chickpea sitting to the side straining.

 My pretty flowers.

Joshua, peering down at the Shiitake Mushrooms after he helped me clean them.

Thyme. An herb I absolutely love to use in my food.

Joshua adding thyme to the pot.

In goes the shallots.

Leeks and Onions simmering.

 Leeks, Onions, Mushrooms, Yum!

Chickpea in the Health Master ready to blend.

The recipe is below if you'd like to give it a try. Enjoy!

 Ingredients - 

1 can chickpeas, drained
3 large shiitake mushrooms, cleaned
1 spring thyme, leaves only
1 piece ginger, peeled
1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
1/2 shallot, peeled
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 leeks, cleaned, chopped
1 onion, peeled and large dice
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups baby spinach, cleaned
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

1 - In a medium sauce pot, saute onions, ginger, garlic, leeks, shallot, shiitake mushrooms and thyme in grapeseed oil for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except for spinach and bring to a boil.

2 - Place all ingredients into the health master or blender. Pulse until chunky.

3 - Season with salt and pepper. Carefully pour the hot soup in a bowl and serve.

That's it. Sweet, simple, and easy.

post signature

Comments

  1. This soup sounds yummy! I've never cooked with leeks before but have always wanted to! I'll look out for an upcoming cool night and try out this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Arelis!! Let me know when you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!