Lupita Nyong'o Captured My Heart in 12 Years of Slave


I was not prepared for that next 134 minutes of my life. I spent the entire time gripping and flinching in my seat. They say that it is history's most accurate account displayed in a movie of slavery in America. I say, it's one of the most heart-felt, gut wrenching, emotionally moving, engaging, movies I've ever seen so far. To this day I cannot bring myself to watch it again. But as I will soon and this time watch it with my older children. Excellent, excellent, movie.

Have you seen 12 Years of Slave as yet? What was your experience like? 

And, oh my goodness, the actors and actresses, particularly Lupita Nyong'o and Chiwetel Ejiofor were simply amazing. The tears I shed for them were endless. Another thing I wasn't prepared for.

Congratulations to Lupita Nyong'o for winning the Oscars 2014 Supporting Actress Academy Award and the film winning Best Film of the year. Well deserved.






post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?