Pictures That Remind Me, It's Not About Being A Perfect Parent

It's about doing my absolute best every day of their lives.

It's about showing up, being present, being brave and engaging in all aspects of who they are. It's not so much telling them what to do or how to live but living my life fearlessly and bravely in front of and alongside them. 

It's about setting examples by doing the work so they can see my struggles and triumphs and know that perfectionism is not the goal but being courageous is.

Pictures from one of our field-trip to the park.



 ^^^ This was one of his, "Look, Mommy, look at how high I can jump!", moments.



 ^^^I'm infatuated with feet shots so I take them often.







 ^^^ Mr. Joshua getting his wink on. ;-)





Even though they are six years a part (David 13 & Joshua 7), they are very close. Always playing, teaching, and just being with each other. It's really a privilege to be able to observe and be a part of. 

Parents, remember to keep the main thing the main thing. Parenting isn't about being perfect. Our children just want us to show up, be engaged, and give it our best. 


post signature

Comments

  1. You're so right. We have to remember to let our OCD go and just be there; like you said "show up."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!