A Day of Celebration and This Queen Was Wiped Out!


It's been a busy weekend for us! D. and I took a quick trip to visit my Dad and Mom in Atlanta, which was great. It was so good seeing them and spending all of that quality time together. I miss them and I needed it. More to come about our visit to Atlanta in another post. For now I want to share with you some pictures from the day our littlest girl, Victoria, turned 9.  


Enjoy xoxo




My two boys, both practicing their photography skills. The picture above taken by David and the picture below taken at the same time by Joshua. You can see him holding my phone up above. When I saw these two shots I was in awe. I'm hoping to be as good as them one day.







 


 Victoria loved her new dress and shoes, a surprise from her big sis, Tanisha.
 David will stop and meditate anywhere. 



  They take their interest in photography seriously. It runs in the family I tell ya. 
D. met us later on that night and we spent the evening hanging out at City Walk. 


 It was a beautiful night. The weather was perfect.








 I have no idea who Tanisha is throwing shade at, lol. Just joking.
 He such an awesome hero! Always combating something.


At last the end of the night. This picture captures the love of a son for his mama. I was pooped emotionally. His Dad noticed and told him to come to me and ask me how I was feeling. His question alone took weight off of me. We held hands for the rest of the night while I shared with him what I was experiencing. 

As you can see from the pictures D. didn't join us until late in the night. By that time I was tired. I was emotionally tired. I missed him. I wished he could have been with us all day. It's not easy having to tell your children Daddy has to work on their special day but we have learned how to make it work for us. We have to. Through the years we've figured out other ways to make up for his time away but I still feel the reality of it every now and again. 

D. was minding our very active Joshua and couldn't come over to me so he sent his son. This was a moment where a husband / father knew exactly what to do. I felt his presence through his son. (Thank you my Love)

Victoria had a blast and that feels great. Next up, mine and Joshua's birthday coming soon in November. I'm excited.


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!