We Got Our Faces "Beat" by MAC


(In the car, on the way to the mall to get my free make-over. I was taking out my pin curls that I set in place the night before. I look so much like my Mom in these shots :-)



Last Sunday my oldest took me to the mall to get my face "beat" (that's what they say) by MAC. She was asked to participate in a free make-over and to bring someone with her, so she chose moi. It was cool. I'm not into makeup that makes me feel like I have on makeup. It has to be light enough for me to not even notice and if I have to scratch my eye or itch my face I don't want to have to worry about globs of stuff getting caught up under my nails. For special occasions I don't mind but still I don't want to feel it and last Sunday, I felt it. 



What I'm referring to is the foundation. The foundation that they used was a liquid foundation which never agrees with me. It's too heavy and feels artificial. When I used to sell Mary Kay I used to have a hard time trying to convince ladies to buy the liquid foundation and then I had to wear it because I was selling it. It was a lose, lose for me. 
(I use Bare Minerals powder foundation which I absolutely love for a couple of reasons. One, it's natural and two it's lite weight. It's a winner for me.) 

I did buy the liquid eyeliner because I liked how rich it looked when applied however, I need to watch a few tutorials to apply it myself because it keeps getting into my eyes, lol. Or, I just need to ask my daughter because she's become a pro at makeup now. 
(Overall, I think they did a nice job on us both. What do you think?) 

learned that plum is the new color for this fall season. I didn't mind because I like dark colors on my lips. I also liked the gold on my eyelids and I loved the way they filled in my eyebrows. I watched my daughter do this for sometime now but, I always turned my nose up at it. Go figure, when it was done to me, I loved it. It definitely is a new day. 

Are you a MAC user? If not what do you use and why? 
post signature

Comments

  1. You both look so pretty!!!




    Carsedra McKoy:
    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/
    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!