My New Pleasure Button

Click!

 



(My three beautiful Mermaid Goddesses)

A few months ago I took on a new hobby that allows me to be creative in a whole new and exciting way. Really, I'm excited about it. I'm enjoying my life's view from the "other side" of the lens because normally my husband is always taking shots of me. I'm a Photographer in training now. Everywhere I go I always have my camera with me. Who would have known the liberating feeling that capturing art any and everywhere would bring. Who would have known I would have felt such a strong pull in the direction of photography to creatively express myself. I feel that photos say so much where words can tend to get in the way. 

On this past mother's day my husband surprised me with my first camera. I love the way he is honoring my newly found joy. 


You should see me out and about, bending down, holding my camera (and sometimes my phone) in different angles in order to capture a shot. I get so into it that I already know what kind of edits I want to make and I have a name for them before the shot is complete. In that moment when I am sizing up a shot I connect with it, almost feel it throughout my entire body. It's a magical feeling that lasts for just that second until the next time. It's a feeling that keeps me coming back for more. It's truly a pleasure in my life right now.

Going after what brings you pleasure in life is medicine to your soul. What are your pleasures? What is calling out to you to go after it? What newly found joys have you brought  into your life lately. If nothing, then maybe its time to do something about that. It's never too late. 


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!