My Heart Goes Out To Tameka Raymond


As a mom with who has a 12 year old son, my heart aches for Tameka Raymond's loss. 

In my own way I'm sending light and love to her and her family. 

When I heard the news of Kile being brain dead it was a few minutes after my son asked me to go outside and ride his bike. I couldn't help but feel the fear come over me wanting to call him back inside the house where he would be "safe". He wanted to go out and ride his bike, that's all. He wanted to go out and play and have a wonderful time being free to do so. I wanted to give him permission to enjoy himself - all of this without the fear that something could happen. Isn't that the reality?...Something, anything can happen as our children are just being children, enjoying themselves in play. We as parents always want to know that they will be safe, that nothing will happen to them, don't we? 

I couldn't and wouldn't allow my fears to control me in that moment so I left him to ride his bike in the wind and enjoy his time. I'm sure this is what Tameka chose to do, even if she wasn't the one who allowed it directly, she has (I'm sure) at some point allowed her son to play. We never know what will happen when we send our kids out to play, the only thing we can hope for is that they will return safely. 

The main thing, when all the pain has eased, would be to appreciate, celebrate, and remember the life he lived when he was here.




post signature

Comments

  1. This entire situation is so sad. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devastating. I can only imagine the heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't even COMPREHEND The Kind/Amount of PAIN That Family is GOING THRU (Right Now...) TRULY SAD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!