Kitty Purrs & Lioness Roars


"I would lay down my life and give it all away to save you".

These are the words, my dear friends, of the man that I chose to say "I do" to many years ago. His courage was one of his most attractive character traits. I thought that I had died and married Mel Gibson in Braveheart! By the way, it still is to this DAY one of the best freakin movies I've ever seen. Yes, I AM THAT GIRL! Whip out your sword and save me...LOL! 

You couldn't tell him nothing, and I dared not try when he was set on doing something that I was terrified to do. I learned early on that manifesting your desires works! I wanted a man like Mel Gibson in that movie. I wanted a man who would fight 'til the very end to defend my name and honor. I wanted a courageous man, one who would stand up for me and kick some royal ass when the time came. And he did! It's just like what Jay-Z says in his rhyme about doing the necessary so don't let the necessary occur. It went something like that right?...LOL. Y'all Jay-Z fans figure that one out for me. 

We had some pretty rough beginnings and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I learned that through it all, his tail coat was the best one for me to grab and hold on to and I've never let go.

So why was it that when I got what I wanted I feared the sh*t out of it!! Man, I was so intimidated by his courage at times, I didn't know what the heck to do with myself. I got what I wanted alright and because of my fears I fought against it. Ladies, Ladies, Ladies...here is some word of advice for you, don't make this mistake! If you ask for some qualities in a man and he shows up, pull up your boot straps and when it gets tough, get with it. Allow that man to be ALL that he is and your only focus should be on upgrading it. Got it?!

I love my mans courage. Well, I have learned to love my mans courage. He is one of the bravest people I know and I will follow him to the Moon and back! This took time to learn and everyday I make it a point to practice doing this. Everyday I make it a point to Love this man better than I did the day before. I'm not saying that I'm perfect and I damn sure miss the mark on some days, but I'm not giving up. 

One of the things my honey always encouraged me to do was to nurture my sexuality. Do you remember that post when I talked about him pulling out the camera and becoming my personal photographer? If you haven't read that post, read it, it's a good one. He would always encourage me to embrace my sexuality because he saw the lioness that was locked up in a cage behind this little kitty. He saw her and knew if she ever tasted freedom, it would be a wrap. The problem was I was too afraid and didn't want to believe him, just as much as I did want to. Yeah, it was a twist and turn kind of thing for me. I twisted this way, I twisted that way until my feet were stuck, tangled up, and I wasn't going anywhere. Stuck I tell you!

Well, what's a kitty to do when she feels that Lioness breathing down the back of her neck and she's got nowhere to go? She says f*ck it! Let me move my pretty little self out of the way, it's time to go to work. And that's what I did. 

The past few years I've seen myself grow up and out in areas that I would have never thought. I've learned to purr like a kitty when it's necessary and release the roar when that is necessary but I will not allow one to dominate the other. I will no longer allow one to stand in the way of the other. 

I've been working on a project for the past year now that's been an integral part of freeing the Lioness in me. I will share this project with you when the time is right. Until then I will continue to brew this pot, stirring it and adding just the right amount of seasoning to it as needed. 



post signature

Comments

  1. you are awesome Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's what I did.

    I often wonder if you truly understand how rare the gem you are.

    At some point, we as men come to expect or realize that our women cannot be as daring and fierce and kitten-like as we recalled yesterday. Yet, here you are, years into your marraige and family and clearly the exception to the oft-understood rule of thumb.

    All of this, while maintaining a healthy and positive family atmosphere.

    Or, in the words of one of the most beautifully developed woman, "You took that ish."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mike Rogers my sweet FB friend :-)

    Don ~ Kisses. You are so sweet and kind, loving, gentle...all that good stuff! Thanks for lifting my heart today ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!