Hanging With Ford at The Go Further Tour in Atlanta!

 

A couple of weeks ago I got an invitation in my inbox to the Ford Motor Company “Go Further Tour”. It mentioned something about an “All Electric car, EcoBoost, and test-drive. I immediately jumped all over it and RSVP’d for the event. I had a thought that flashed through my mind about me driving by, waving to the crowd in a ford vehicle, with a bit a flyness sounded coo, lol. I can dream can’t I??

I had a great time as I always do at events like these and got to whip around in the parking lot in an all electric vehicle that was the quietest little thing. I felt like the danger in that however, is that it’s difficult for pedestrians to hear the car coming and might blindly walk out in front of it like in a parking lot or small street. Everything else about it was pretty cool, like the way it lights up when it’s ready to drive. The attendees got to vote on where an EV charging station would go in Atlanta. If you own and electric vehicle you know how important it is to have charging stations at convenient locations. You will also be happy to know that Walgreens has started setting up their own charging stations.

Ford, City of Atlanta, and Clean Cities-Atlanta teamed up to make this presentation a pleasant one for us folks here in Atlanta. They gave us the opportunity to help spread the good news about the Ford Focus Electric and Ford Escape with EcoBoost. I test drove the Ford Escape with EcoBoost with Tami from @talkingwithtami and we had a blast trying to figure out how to get the car started. This was mine and her first time driving a car like this. It was smooth, quiet, and very, very easy to drive. I can see why this vehicle will be an aid in keeping Atlanta clean because of it’s capacity to use less fuel and according to Ford for it’s CO2 Emmisions. Check out the link, good info.

Lisac

The presentation was held at the good ‘ole Atlanta Zoo so I, Tami, and Arkeeda from @itsarkeedah got the opportunity to walk around the zoo and visit some of the animals. It was a fun day and I did miss the fact that I was at the Zoo and my babies weren’t with me. There will be another time, I’m sure.

Ford Motor Company Go Further Tour Info.

I encourage you to visit www.media.ford.com for additional information on Ford’s Electrification Strategy:

Electrified vehicles: http://media.ford.com/mini_sites/10031/Electrification/

2012 Ford Focus Electric: http://media.ford.com/press_kits.cfm?presskit_id=2139

2013 Ford Escape: http://media.ford.com/press_kits.cfm?presskit_id=2166

EcoBoost: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/EcoBoost.pdf

 

peace sig

Comments

  1. Always wanted to observe what's under the hood of an electric vehicle. Sounded funny hearing you speak of charging centers. Lol. It's a new day, far as technology is concerned....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fun,glad we got to cruise around together lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Don isn't it really weird to say?? It's like watching the Jetsons come to life. I love that show, by the way. It is a new day.

    Tami you are sooo cool!! :-) Glad it all worked out for us to hang together. Can't wait to do it soon again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!