One Night With Rascal Flatts Changed Me!

On Thursday evening I had the pleasure of attending the One Night Only Movie Event for Rascal Flatts.  I've never been much of a country music fan, but this was an opportunity provided by the wonderful people at One2One Network, and I'm always open to trying something new.


When we first arrived at the theater, 20 minutes before showtime, I was a little concerned at the underwhelming turn out.  Usually, when I'm given passes to these kinds of events, there is a huge turn out to contend with, and early arrival ensures things go smoothly. Friday was considerably different, as the theater was empty and there was no long line of thronging fans, movie go-ers, or event participants.  It was just me and hubby, trying to find our passes.  Even a local radio station, which apparently had given away tickets to the show was all alone in the lobby of this small theater.  I was becoming concerned.

I didn't know anything about Rascal Flatts before attending this event, and (want to know a secret?) had I done some research before accepting the invitation, I might have passed up this inspiring show based on the country music genre. (shhh!)  Fortunately, I did not.  The movie was a sort of docu-concert - a part of the kick-off to their recently released album entitled Changed.  The show gave us a really personal look at the lives and personalities of these everyday superstars; Gary Levox, Jay DeMarcus, Joe Don Rooney.  In between snippets of back stage antics, personal tales, and intimate moments, we were treated to rare concert footage from years of this trio's very entertaining catalouge.  One of my best discoveries was that of a song, my kids and I have loved for years.  I had no idea that Rascal Flatts was the artist who sung "Life Is A Highway" from the movie Cars.  Check it out here:



I left the show with a new appreciation for Rascal Flatts music, and a new openness to country music in general.  Also, take a minute and check out an awesome charity that the group supports, bringing attention to teen suicide - the number 3 leading cause of death among teenagers in the U.S.!  You can find out more about it at www.rascalflattsb1.com


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!