Creating Lasting Love, Tip #5 Your Emotional You!

You ever get so emotionally distraught you don’t know which way you’re going? You don’t know what to do or who you can turn to?
This tip for creating lasting love involves your emotional wellbeing. How well have you been taking care of that aspect of who you are? This is a major area in relationships that if not attended to can greatly affect our sexual relations.
We all have problems and issues that come up ever so often. We all come from dysfunctional families in some kind of way. We all experience hurt, disappointment, and (my all time favorite), growing pains. These are all things that we have to take responsibility for whatever emotional scars they may have caused. Rather than trying to resolve them (some are unresolvable), we should learn to see how they have impacted our lives. When we see these things with clarity, they tend to become more manageable and acceptable.

Here are some suggestions for staying clear emotionally:

Keep a journal – Writing your thoughts and feelings down brings clarity. If you have trouble writing it down, record your thoughts and feelings on your phone or some sort of recording device. (Many smart phones have this ability). When you are done, revisit what you’ve written/recorded and see if clarity comes to you. 
I use both and one of my favorite apps is iJournal.

Read personal growth books – These books are written by people who have been there done that, they just might know what they are talking about and offer you some guidance.
I can’t tell you the number of personal growth books I have in my book case and other places in my house that I have turned to in time of confusion, and doubt.

Practice self-reflection through meditation – Being still and listening to what’s going on inside of you can bring you to a place of peace and comfort knowing that all is really well.  
I believe that when you pray, you are doing the talking and when you meditate, you are doing the listening. 

Have a solid friend whom you can turn to – Many times we just need someone we trust with ourselves to listen. A friend who can give you their ear, time, and create space for you to unload. A friend who will say, “now, there, there, honey, it will all be ok. Or for those of us who have the kind of friends that will, yank you up by the collar and say, "now you know it's time to get yo' shit together". Either way, they are there. 

If we are “off” emotionally, chances are we will feel sexually “off” as well. Be aware of the connection and keep yourself emotionally healthy.

Creating Lasting Love, Tip #5 Take Care of Your Emotional Health!

Comments

  1. Journaling really helps me work through emotions and issues. Talking problems out with a trusted person also helps.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie ~ I hear ya! I was a journaling fool last night because I needed to get some things off my chest! It worked and I'm good to go. What would we do without FRIENDS?? I have a few good women that I go to and believe me, they are my rock.
    Thanks for sharing, Luv :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!