The Thankful Tree


Last week the kids created a craft project for the holiday that shared some of the things they are thankful for and one thing in particular stood out to me and their Dad. It was a very creative project that they came up with and wanted to give it a try. They all love crafting in some shape, form, or another and when they are ready to create I simply move out of the way, sit back and watch them go for it. I have to say, my kids are an inspiration to me and I am thankful for the blessings that they are.
First, they gathered all of the items they would need.
1 ~ Construction Paper
2 ~ Glue
3 ~ Scissors
4 ~ Colored Pencils, Crayons, and Pens
That’s it! Pretty simple, yes? I watched them pick the colored construction paper of their choice, gather the colored crayons/pencils they wanted to use and create masterpieces they were all proud of. They began by tracing their hands and cutting them out. Next, drawing a tree without branches and then cutting that out. Then, pasting the tree to one of the construction paper sheets, followed by pasting the hands on the tree and using them as the branches and leaves. Then they wrote down all of the things they were thankful for on the hands and lastly, drawing flowers, clouds and grass to top it off. They called it, Thankful Trees. Too cute.
I was tickled by some of the things they wrote. One wrote, they were thankful for their Mom and Dad. Another one wrote, they were thankful for Mommy taking me to Chuck E. Cheese. Another one wrote, they were thankful for books. The one that got me and Hubby was the one that said, I am thankful for Thursday’s and every other Sunday’s. Huh? You’re thinking what we were thinking, yes? We didn’t get, at least not at first. Thursday’s and every other Sunday’s……..OHHHH!!! This one was written by our oldest son and that’s when it clicked. His Dad is off from work every Thursday and every other Sunday and he cherishes those times in his life. He said it’s not about doing things together on those days, necessarily but it’s just that Daddy is home and his presence means the world to him. *sniffle *sniffle *tear *tear…priceless!

post signature

Comments

  1. Wow. Thursdays and every other Sundays. That's so touching.

    I love how creative they are! And especially thoughtful.

    Thank you for sharing such preciousness from your family.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JamericanSpice ~ Thanks, Lady! :-) Hope you had a wonderful celebration!

    Aly ~ Thank you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!