Returning To Pleasure

Looks like I shot my arrow too short and now I'm expanding once again. This year I decided to return to one of my pleasures in the form of my love for reading books. It was a love that I had set aside for many years while I was beautifully, barefoot and pregnant. (Definitely not an insulting term to me...I enjoyed it thoroughly). I would read magazines, things online but having a book in my hand, feeling the pages beneath my fingers, curling up under a blanket with my book was a big turn on for me.

During my younger years my face was always buried in a book. When I wasn't busying myself getting into other things like putting on dance shows, playing touch football, relay racing, riding my bike, playing basketball, running track, cheer-leading (yep, tried that for a little), one of my favorite down times was to read a book. One of my favorite book series was The Baby-Sitters Club, do ya'll remember that? I'm so pleased that our kids have taken up that same love and enjoy reading all the time.

I set my reading goal to read 5 books this year and I've already completed 4 to my surprise, so I'm raising that number. I don't know to what yet but just the fact that I can feels good. I'm currently reading Eat Pray Love with a book club and I'm enjoying this book so far. Have ya'll read it? Did you like it or not?
post signature

Comments

  1. I just got this book from a friend. She swore by it and so do other people I know. I can't wait to start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nekky ~ it is a good book. I haven't finished it as yet, will soon. It's a lot of highs and lows...be prepared for the lows. Elizabeth's story is very inspiring for women who can relate to ever being depressed, confused and lost about their life. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the book before the movie came out and I couldn't really get into it. However once the movie came out, I absolutely loved it, so much that I saw it 3 times. I wanted more details than the movie gave so I went back and read the book. I love both the book and movie. It was inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique ~ After Italy it slowed down for me quite a bit. I had to keep pushing myself and I guess it helped that I was reading it with others. I have to say I enjoyed the movie but the book was way better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!