Dear Mama

As Mother’s day approaches many of us are scrambling around trying to pick out the perfect gift for Mom, in hopes of her approving and loving what we have found. And then there are some who have already chosen the perfect gift without a sweat and are calmly awaiting the big day. And then there are those who can only remember and celebrate Mom through memories as she has passed on from this lifetime to the next. Whatever your situation is, this is truly a day to give thanks and celebrate Motherhood even though we all understand Motherhood is not just a one day deal. 

So as everyone is preparing to celebrate someone else, I’m taking time out to celebrate me and my Motherhood!

I’m truly proud of myself as a Mother. Motherhood has not always come easy for me. I still have days where I’m not sure how I’m going to do all that is required of me. And I still haven’t thrown in the towel even though I come close, lol. Motherhood, a simple job you say? Not at all! But never really honored for the ginormous job that it truly is. I’m not talking about being honored by others either, that’s a different story all together. I’m talking about being honored by ourselves as Mothers. I must say I am guilty of this. I take myself for granted way too much, way too often. I take for granted how valuable I am in the lives of my children. I take for granted how the Mother that I am to my children impacts my relationship to their Father. I do, I do, I do.

I’m a 35 year old Mom with five kids ages 4-16. I homeschool all five which is a separate job in and of itself. I’m their Mom, which means I nurture them when they need it. And this is all the time whether they are sick or not. I’m their nurse when they have bruises that needs to be patched up. I’m their cook. And, I hate to say it but yes, I’m their maid too. I’m their cheerleader, their motivator, their friend. I’m the big bad wolf when I need to be because there are days when I’m tested. From a toddler’s tantrum to a 6 year olds refusal. From a 9 year olds fuss about not being older to an 11 year olds, oppss, I forgot that chore. And moving right along to a teenager (<---need I say more?), …who is a young lady (<---enough said!), …who is learning more and more about this world we live in, trying to decide what she likes and doesn’t like. And that could change with the wind, daily. And still after all that I charge onward to fulfill my higher calling as Mother and love them dearly for who they are.

I’m a Teacher by heart. I enjoy teaching my children even though there are days (still), that I question that choice. The question doesn’t come from the lack of being able to provide them with the education they need, (I’m past that one). It comes from the days when I’m just simply tired and wish that I could be alone for a moment. As much as I do go out, party and have fun I’m still surrounded by my children all day long. I do understand that’s just the way it’s going to be because they are homeschooled. But no matter how many years it’s been since we began homeschooling, it’s still tough and tries to kick my butt every now and again. But as a Mother quitting on my kids is not a part of my language!

I knew I was going to be a Teacher one day. When I was little I used to line my teddy bears and dolls up in a row and we would have school, everyday after school for as long as I could remember. When I wasn’t rough housing with my brother, I was carrying one of my babies. I knew Motherhood was in my future as well. And I always got complimented on how well I took care of my babies. The only difference was that those babies couldn’t back talk me or fuss about anything, life was so much simpler, lol.

So in honor of the 16 years of me being a Mother, this Dear Mama letter is to me! It reminds me to think of myself, appreciate myself, honor myself and never take myself for granted. Honoring myself helps me to appreciate what I mean to my family and how this family wouldn’t be who they are without me. Motherhood Rocks! It’s a career that has shaped many of the best women that I know. I wouldn’t change my decisions for anything. I just look forward to fitting into the shoes of Motherhood everyday while I’m privileged to holding this position. 

Happy Mother’s Day, to ME!!

 

post signature

DSCN2685

Comments

  1. Lisa, this is such a lovely post and I feel you completely. I like your idea of honoring yourself. I do know that your family loves and appreciates you daily. Enjoy everyday like it's Mother's Day! ♥ Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly. I know you can relate as you yourself are one heck of of Mama :-) ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!