On Again, Off Again...Now, It's ON!!





Ok, so after going back and forth with this for about a month now, I came to my last and finale decision...I'm in!!! Saturday is a big day for me and my family. This will be my very first Run/Walk Race Event and I'm totally excited and ready to do this and make it my first with many more to come!


My Dad is 70 plus years of age and still walks miles and miles almost everyday. As a child growing up watching him hit the track at Windgate Park in Brooklyn, NY gave me the inspiration and desire to make exercising a part of my life. I was never one to shy away from going with him and trying my very best to keep up, it did me good to get that practice in. In High School I ran track for a little while and loved it! So, why has it taken me so long to decide that I was going to do this run on Saturday after signing up late April? My nerves are shot!! LOL! I hadn't trained the way I would have liked to. I hadn't been exercising like I thought I needed to in order to be a part of anybody's race. Yes, I've been keeping up with my Yoga practice and had a few QiGong classes somewhere in between (more like one...lol) but that just wasn't going to cut it for me. I have been going back and forth, back and forth now for a minute, having different conversations with some of the runners and walkers, sharing my concerns with them and yet every time our conversation ended I was back in the game.....and then out of the game, LOL~!


So this morning I called Christie and was determined to call it quit for real, for real and as the story goes, you know what happened...she put it on me man and now I'm back in the game!!! I'm happily pleased though, and very excited to be there with my blogging sisters, some whom I've known for a many years through the blogging world. Don't you love sister connections and what being honest and transparent with them can do for you? I'm talking true connections.....one of the sweetest sources of Life! Some of us will be walking, some of us will be wogging (I think that's what she called it) and some, yes some, who are aspiring to be the next Jackie Joyner-Kersee (LOL) will be running their buns and I'm happy to be there to support everyone.

Lovin' Life ~

post signature

Comments

  1. Whooo Hoooo! So glad you'll be joining us. Can't wait to see you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!