The Queens Rocked the House!

With Mom In Mind  is an event for Moms (and aspiring Moms) that aims encourage, support, lift up and help see us through this journey of Motherhood. It truly embodies the spirit of togetherness, joy, laughter and sisterhood. We were never meant to take this journey alone (as many of us try and fail so miserably at doing), so when there is an opportunity to walk with someone, you do it without hesitation. When you feel like you’re at your last, when things just don’t seem to be going in your favor, when we question our ability to mother our babies, family and community we need to be able to look up and grab the hand that is reaching out, in love, to catch you when you fall.  We need community. We need support. We need each other, for without Mothers where would we be?
Tiffany, from I Love My Temple Yoga & Wellness Center started us of with an invigorating Yoga session that opened us up, stretched us out and got our juices flowing for the things to come. We were filled with energy, peace, calm & serenity, and ready for inspiration given to us by Christine Martinello. Christine shared openly, from her heart personal stories of her family that touched us all. We were in her shoes. We identified with her as Mother’s who are doing our best, giving our best to the ones we Love. One of the beautiful things that I’ve learned as a Woman, as a Mother is that, when we share ourselves, our desires, our fears, hopes and dreams we find out how very much alike we all are. In sharing there is freedom!
blog-wmim-8497
* Photo courtesy of Creativesoul Photography *
I just fell in Love with Creativesoul Photography!! I love how they capture the natural beauty of who we are in our natural states of just being; absolutely Beautiful! We Moms know that when it’s time to take family photo’s our hearts skip a beat, palms get sweaty, and our heads starts spinning out of control, LOL!! We worry about our kids sitting still, keeping their clothes clean and making sure hair is in place; these are just a few worries we add to our already hectic lists. Well, worry no more!! Creativesoul Photography is gifted and I say gifted in the area of worry free photo shoots. Their focus is not so much on what we call “perfection” but rather in the beauty of the moments they capture. Whether it’s running through a field of flowers to capturing a pouting little ones face, they have it covered. Take a look at their work and see for yourselves!
Last but definitely not least, on to the yummy, yummy food!! Shelley Chapman of Naturi Beauty was there to share her expertise, class and style on some delicious, healthy, time saving foods that we as Moms need in order to keep our families nurtured. I love the way Shelley brings out the sexy in whipping up deliciousness in the kitchen. How many of us dread having to cook dinner for our families at times? I know I do. Ok, with the exception of a few beautiful women who I know personally, the majority of us find it difficult to come up with the motivation to cook all the time. Food preparation doesn’t come easily to many of us and when it does it has to be quick, simple and easy going. I know many Moms who want to add more color, jazz, and excitement into their dishes and let’s face it, so do our families at times. That’s where Shelley came in to rescue us Moms on Saturday. Everything she prepared was quick and easy and to top it off she made a Minty Lemon Cucumber Cooler to die for!!!! Check out her blog and see what I’m yapping about!! I’m just licking my fingers at the thought of it, LOL!! 
Here’s a video clip of the event and I must say I did a very nice job with my interview ;-)

Thank you Akilah Richards (Execumama) and Shelley Chapman (Naturi Beauty) for putting on such a wonderful event for us Atlanta Moms! We need it, need it, need it!! It’s events like these that let’s you know, you’re not alone.
post signature

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks so much for the wonderful post. We really enjoyed speaking to you guys last weekend. Let's stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your presence at the event was necessary and welcomed! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the event. We will continue to provide opportunities for Queen Momagers like us to nourish, nurture and grow our FULLEST versions of SELF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun and I enjoyed finally meeting you! I love you blog and your spirit girl and it's always nice to take the URL status and put it in IRL (In Real Life!) I look forward to serving up more delights at future events :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!