Part 2….The Bond of Sisterhood

 girlshugging1

I want to make sure that you guys understand that I don’t have a problem with my husband being the boss man as I talked about it in part 1, shoot….boss man means boss money and there ain’t nothing wrong with that! I understand that it doesn’t matter what the position either, if it pays the bills than that’s all that matters.

I want to start off with our pattern and how it affected everything. You remember I talked about complaining?, well hubby would listen and basically drop everything (which he’ll still do today, just differently now) to come to my rescue to the point where he would leave his job to come home and begin a business just to have more time with his family. Let me clarify a little….he didn’t always leave because of my complaining he really and truly felt burdened by the business, the many long hours and him not being able to spend time with his family like he would have wanted to. He’s a true family man at heart and the business (car business) was beginning to wear him out so he wanted to find a career change that would continue to support a large family. Network marketing was what we put our focus on.

We would push ourselves in the business(s) to find success for our family, not to mention we would get to work together and we all love it when Daddy is home, but sometimes the push just wouldn’t be enough. In many instances it got to a point where we needed to make some sales just to put food on the table and that was not a pleasant place to be in. Then we would make the decision for him to go back to work outside of the home, things would get extremely good for us. Family vacations, cars, shopping and all the bells and whistles. Life was good….at least material wise but that lingering desire would always show itself again and the complaining would start, hubby would begin to get taxed by it, his desire to be at home with his family would come out full force and before you know it…another business and another down sizing, of everything. Time to move…again.Tough. It was tough.

This time around (before he went back to work) we found ourselves asking the question, how can we have our cake and eat it too? Meaning, how can we have Daddy home, with him and I owning and operating our own successful business(s)? The answer, Pay Our Dues! This is where my loving sisterhood has come in to play (this is only one aspect of paying our dues, but a very, very important one). I’ve got them! Those loving sisters I can pick up the phone and let it all hang out and not have to worry about anything! I did it the morning I wrote part 1 of this post. I called her so I wouldn’t have to call him. She was there for me just because and that’s all that I needed. I wouldn’t have felt good doing that years ago because I would have felt like I failed and I didn’t want anyone to  know. My decisions today are different though, I’m paying my dues by sticking it out and not allowing fear to creep in and destroy our bond. It’s a life line, and I’m learning how important it is to have a sisterhood. This goes back to my early relationship with my Mom….

As a little girl it’s so important to know that your Mom has confidence in all that you are, not necessarily all that you do but all that you ARE. This begins your road of high self-esteem as a women. You learn from early on how to have confidence in yourself therefore having confidence in others with you, therefore having confidence in your role as a Mother. Knowing that you don’t have to put up safe walls to protect yourself from other women. Understanding that not everyone is the enemy. If you don’t learn this at a young age it’s harder to learn it as an adult but this is what I had to do. This is the reason I continue to become better in this area not only for my sake but for the sake of my daughters as well. I want my girls to know what it feels like to trust another women, be there for her and cherish the bond that they have. My husband and I are building strong, confident, women who believe in themselves as mother’s, wives and friends no matter what.

I don’t want to end this post….there is still so much more….

post signature

Comments

  1. this was so good lisa. I definitely get it. I understand you clearly. I still do those things. I want to go about it differently but it is scary. Thanks for making me think

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was awesome and I think that you should continue to post more, you are hitting a subject that many women deal with. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great conversation starter. I never realized the other side of the coin, so to speak regarding the bond of sisterhood. I always thought that it was something that all women had/naturally wanted (nieve, i know). I've learned something here, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia ~ Thanks girl! I know this is something many women still experience and create in their lives so I'm happy to share, you're not alone :-)

    Donna ~ Thanks for your support lady :-)

    Sandra ~ Yes, this is "reality" for many of us and I'm glad that you are just open to hearing more. There are always two sides to a coin. You are blessed to have it come naturally :-) Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!