Yanni Voices Live In Concert!!

I had the wonderful opportunity to see Yanni Voices live in concert Saturday night, it was an experience that I’ll never forget!!!! 100_2135

Yanni (for those of you who may not know) is a is a self-taught pianist, keyboardist, and composer who started hearing musical pieces in his head from the age of two. Born in Greece and then making his way to the states at the age of 18 decided after being here for sometime he would pursue his musical calling. After being out of the scene for a few years, in 2008, in collaboration with producer Ric Wake, Yanni showcases vocal artists singing to his classic songs, Yanni Voices!!! On March 24, 2009, Disney Pearl Imprint released Yanni Voices and the touring began this month. This will be the first time we’ve seen Yanni in six years.

From the moment I heard the roar of the 1st note, I was on the edge of my seat, filled with anticipation. I was so excited to be experiencing this incredible Master work his magic, and through the night I would not be disappointed. I couldn’t believe that I was sitting in the Gwinnett Arena with my darling husband watching Yanni Voices Live In Concert, and I was absolutely thrilled. I remember when I was first introduced to the jaw dropping performance of Yanni. We were relaxing at home on a Saturday morning watching public television with the kids, and they were previewing a concert Yanni had performed in Vegas (i think). We were all so amazed at what this man could do with music! So having this opportunity to see him for myself was a treat beyond words.

100_2097 100_2121 100_2103

This particular performance was the launch of the Yanni Voices Live North American tour. And this is not your typical Yanni concert either. All through the night we were blown away by the amazing voices that accompanied this great musician. Nathan, Chloe, Ender, & Leslie are the "Voices" of Yanni Voices Live, and they absolutely made a memorable event unforgettable. I could not believe the incredible range of vocal ability these 4 possess! They made me want to take my performance from the shower to the stage...I was ready to sing my heart out!

100_2095 100_2094

I can't begin to tell you of the plethora of emotions that filled the auditorium that evening. At moments I felt my heart racing to the rhythm of the music, and at others I was simply filled with a peace...almost as though it were just me, Yanni and the Voices in the room. Even though many of the songs were performed in a language I could not comprehend the passion, and the music delivered the message clearly and powerfully. I was in heaven!

100_2075 100_2087 100_2120

If you've never been to a Yanni concert, or seen him perform, let me help you understand what makes this such an awesome experience. The musicians who play with him are some of the best, most talented, passionate, and energetic people in the craft. I saw people do things with the instruments that were absolutely phenomenal. Rock and roll on a harp! Are you kidding?? This guy (who I had the privilege of taking a picture with) did things with a harp that I never new were possible. The violinists, the drummer, the guitarist....oh I could go on and on about how incredible these folks were. You just had to be there!

100_2111100_2129

Oh, and let me not forget to mention...The Voices, well they also danced their assets off! Chloe and Leslie, did things on a piano that were so elegant, yet so sensual. Trust me, I took notes! I'm getting a baby grand for the house and get to practicing! And towards the end of the show the show stopper was the awesome dancing they put down. Much love to Chloe and Ender who kept it all the way live and all the way sexy. Loved every minute of it!

Now as if it weren't enough to have been treated to this amazing experience, it would only get more amazing just after the show. We had backstage passes which allowed us to meet and greet the voices! We were told by a not so little birdie (shout out to Steve, you know you were wrong for teasing us like that!) that we would get to meet the man himself, Yanni. But unfortunately that wasn't to be. Nonetheless, we had a great time getting to take pictures, hug, kiss and congratulate the 4 beautiful people who make up Yanni Voices. I also had the privilege of being interviewed to give my thoughts and opinion on the show which will be featured on Yanni. com!!

Thanks to OnetoOne Network for giving me and several other Mom Bloggers a chance at this wonderful opportunity!!!

100_2084100_2085 100_2086

Check out the other Mom bloggers who got the opportunity to be there as well. In order from left to right: Jill, Mishelle, Gina, Dawn, Me, Bridget, and Monica!

post signature

Comments

  1. Wow, what a great opportunity and all the photos are amazing. I'm so glad you got to "get out" to such a cool event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. daydreamer89272:22 PM

    Lucky! I really want to see them live! They actually have this contest where you can win 2 tickets to see them in Vegas! I'm sooo signing up for it lol http://www.gotdownloads.com/yannisweeps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:34 PM

    Hey guys,
    I already have tickets to Yanni's concert, but how do I go about obtaining backstage passes?

    Thanks a bunch,
    Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! I never have any non-kid-centered fun. My idea of fun is going to see The Backyardigans live in concert. I know, I'm a sad person:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    is this concert appropriate for kids to see. Say age 8 and above?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!