Peeling The Skin Off Of A Juicy Peach

It's just been a few days and hubby and I are already enjoying bliss with our cups running over abundantly! I can no longer deny myself of everything, everything that I am and want to have and meeting people along the way that help me on my path is priceless!




Here's an interesting quote I read: "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody". -Mark Twain

Do you believe that? I do, and I also know that there comes a time when you just want it to all hang out. When you just want to be you and not fear judgement and condemnation. And, you want to know that you are still loved.

Here's a couple of things to think about that I took from a book I'm reading (and I'll share it with you soon):

No matter how compassionate you consider yourself to be you know that you have a more selfish, sometimes arrogant, impatient side. Don't you?

No matter how much you pride yourself on your discipline you have a secretive addictive tendency that you keep under inflexibly tight control.

No matter how much you preach about morality and purity to others you constantly battle with your longing to indulge your senses in every possible way.

No matter how much you defend your independence from others and claim you want nothing from them you desperately long to find someone who will take charge and let you lean on them.

These are just a few examples of how much we desire to be and allow others to know who we really are and what's really going on and at the same time continue to be loved, adored, nurtured and respected. Don't we?

I say all of this to say, thanks to all the beautiful souls that I have met along my way, who has helped and continues to help me to BE me, fully and unashamedly. They allow us to be who we are with loving and open arms. This is my special thanks to you!
post signature

Comments

  1. thank you for this inspiration. right now i'm fighting this internal battle of authenticity and acceptance. i'm learning that i will be loved and rewarded for being my true self no matter what. i'm appreciated the dualities of womanhood :)
    i recommend a book by Vicki Noble called "The Double Goddess," which talks about the historical roots of goddesses working together.

    CONGRATS on the baby, blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nothing like feeling you've broken the chains of confinement and can actually see over the walls for the first time ever. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!