Before The Chapter There's Transition

It's so good to know that when life has you busy and kept away from the world of blogging that you're not forgotten and your friends reach out and touch. Thanks guys for checking in on me, it's been rough but in a good way. I've been pressed, squeezed and challenged to grow on so many levels lately that when I look in the mirror I sometimes don't recognize the woman looking back but I'm determined to finding out. Change is good!

A few weeks ago I got to visit Urbanbella for a consultation and purchase some of their wonderful products for natural and transitioning hair. Before I got there I was up in a bunch on what to do with my hair. I started becoming very impatient with wearing headbands. The stylist I had the pleasure of consulting with showed me different ways to style my transitioning hair and recommended the best products for me. Mind you, during a consultation you are only being showed on half of your head different styling techniques not actually given a whole style so after she was done she wet it down for me and put in a leave in conditioner. So I don't have any pics of a style just pics of the inside of the salon, which by the way is beautiful! I will post those soon. The pics below are different styles I've been doing on my girls with the help of some styling aids like, Baby Buttercreme (this is what I use to moisten the kids hair) and Curly Meringue (this is what I've been using on my transition hair). I've been doing two strand twists, twist outs, and braid outs with these products and sometimes I just wet our hair, apply these products and let it air dry. I also bought a couple of other products I'll share with you later.

Gotta run, I have a busy day ahead. I'm going to see The Secret Life of Bees with friends today. I'll share my thoughts on it soon!







post signature

Comments

  1. I need a tub of this! My baby's hair is looking more & more like Don King's. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the one in the nmiddle

    and everybody going to see that movie - to bad i dont go to movies

    have a gr8 weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the natural look. I haven't heard of those products but will look into it. Their hair looks so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been missing you. Sounds like we've both been busy. I hope the movie was good, I want to see that one too...

    I've nominated you for a blog award :D


    See Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:38 AM

    Hey there!

    Keep on writing!

    It's always a joy to visit and see the work you are doing over here!

    Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
    http://blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!