The Bees Are Buzzing This Month


This month the movie, The Secret Life of Bees is coming out and I'm going to see it with a good friend of mine. She called me last night so excited and told me she finished reading the book and loved it! I contemplated for a moment whether or not I should attempt to read it in between all of the reading assignments I already have for school but decided it would be best not to. Although the way she made it sound, it was so tempting. Not only do I have so much to read for school but my rule of thumb has always been to see the movie first and then read the book. By doing it this way I get the details that were left out of the movie, ultimately expounding on the movie and getting to see it twice.

Which do you prefer: reading the book first or reading the book after you have seen the movie?


post signature

Comments

  1. book of course i dont go to movies and tell me what is it about. have a gr8 weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope this movie is good, I really need to see good movie with black cast members...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to see the movie first because too many times I read the book first and then the movie dissapoints me. Most movies just can't match the intensity of a good book.
    I've learned the hard way, If I read a book first I wont go see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say I like reading book after seeing the movie. If I read the book first, I am disappointed when certain parts don't make it onto the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:56 PM

    this movie is good one! nice choice

    ReplyDelete
  6. The movie was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!