I Can't Believe She Ate All That...

And The Winner Is!!!!



On Tuesday my daughter kicked butttttt at the teen "Food Fear Factor" event!!! When I say she kicked butt I'm serious. The girl swallowed things that should not be mixed together. At least that's what one crying kid said. He was so done that he got up from the table with tears running down his face saying, this is crazy, how could they make us eat that? I say, you shoulda known what you were getting yourself into when you come to an event that clearly said "eat at your own risk"..lol.


My baby went in there with a mission, she was not about to lose or lose her stomach. Don't tell her but I think she thought the grand prize was going to be something like a large sum of money, baby...not at the library. I'm glad she thought what she did because it gave her motivation to eat this stuff. For round one she had to eat, baby food mixed with Jello (top middle pic). Round two, mint chewing gum followed by sucking on a lemon (it's supposed to leave a nasty taste in your mouth). The only thing is that my baby loves lemon, so no problem for her. That was just the beginning of round 2, the second part was spam, lemon juice and vanilla pudding (in the cup up above). Round 3, caramel syrup poured over raisins on a toothpick and sardines (in plates above). Round 4, crickets covered in white chocolate and worms covered in dark chocolate (pictured below). Round 5, the grand finale is what you see in the white bowl and in the cups with the whip cream and cherry on top (down below), Jello, caramel syrup, baby food, spam, lemon juice, whip cream, soda and spaghetti-o'. Oh, let me not forget the cherry on top.


There where about 20-25 kids and they started dropping off like flies after each round. My girl was like ohhh this is good, Mommy thank you for feeding us fish all the time, ohhh I love lemon and so on. I was just cracking up and trying to take as many pictures as I could, didn't want to leave anything out. She enjoyed the crickets because they were covered in something else she likes, chocolate. It came down to the last round and there were about 10 kids left. The judges said on your marks get set and then the boy next to her started drinking. She said, Mommy no one said go so when I saw that he got a head start I was like uh, uh he is not winning today...lol. She put that cup to her head and didn't stop until the last spaghetti-o was scooped up from the bottom....yuuuucccck! Now, at one point she stopped drinking and had this puzzled look on her face and starting holding her tummy, I said oh no she doesn't look so good. Please, please keep it down. But she kept her cool and started drinking again, she was on fire!!! The girl who was 3 feet away from me however, was not that lucky. And that's what happened to her drink in the picture at the bottom in the middle, yeah she blew alright, all over the table and didn't even help the staff clean it up.


When it was all done she got her 1st place prize which was a bag of goodies. When she found out that it was a bag of goodies she wasn't too happy because of what she just put herself through but she got over it like a champ and was thrilled that she won. Her sibilings had a good time watching and supporting her through it all. Me, I think I was cool because I was distracted taking pictures, you know, it kept my mind off of the smell and look of the things my baby was putting in her stomach all at once. When we got home she wasn't hungry but that's no surprise, right? She just wanted to chill and make sure everything was digesting the way it should. I guess after it was all said and done and she had some time to think about what she just ate wasn't making her feel all that good. Again, I say I can't believe she ate all that! You go girl!!!


post signature

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:43 PM

    eewwwww! Gross!!
    You go girl with your bad self!! (Better you than me!)
    She looks just like you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina~ Better her than me too :-)
    Most people think we are sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:56 PM

    um...whoa! i was not expecting that all...lol. she was rollin' and she is better than me i can tell you that. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcus~ She really was amazing!! I'll tell her you send your congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:57 PM

    WOW, your daughter looks so much like u Lisa and what a winner! I doubt I'd be able to down down that spaghetti mix he he! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariuca~ We get that all the time. She's my little mini-me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:01 PM

    OMG I she's my new shero. Ther'es NO WAY I would have been able to do that. Tell her I said she rocks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shae-Shae~ I'll make sure and tell her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:02 PM

    she a trooper lol eat like she my child

    ReplyDelete
  10. Torrance~ LOL, I gotta see what you talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I am suddenly feeling rather queasy! Congrats to your "mini me"! You look like sisters! I admire your baby for trying something that most of us would not dare!

    ReplyDelete
  12. way to go her! kickin butt and taking names.

    the domestic diva

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:57 AM

    Ewww! Is all I can say. I wouldn't have lasted a second.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well DAMN!!! Good for her, just reading that made me wanna revisit my breakfast BLECK!!!! You've got a strong girl there Lisa, GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheliza~ Thanks, lady :-) I know what you mean, it couldn't be me either.

    Domestic Diva~ LOL...yes she was taking names. :-)

    Stephanie Elie~ LOL, we grown ups are such wimps :-)

    Gina~ Yeah!! She's the girl!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! I am on the verge of barfing just reading this, LOL. It's so funny what's gross and intolerable to one person, and so-so to another. I'm glad that she could stomach it since it was a competition. Congratulations!

    I know that I always say this, but it's the truth, you've got the cutest kids!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:42 AM

    Some of that sounded so gross!

    But congrats to her for sticking it out! I think I would have quit when they got to the raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:29 AM

    Wow she is definitely the champ!!! Sorry her prize wasn't that million dollars :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!