Reflecting Can Only Make You Better!


What's up beautiful people of the blogosphere!!! Life is so funny at times. Do you remember my last 'Thursday's Thought of the Day post, the one I posted on November 8th? Well if you don't, just click here to read it, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

As you can see it's a pretty powerful quote by John C. Maxwell, don't you agree? My point is, I've been taking that quote literally to heart. How awful would it be for me to sit here day in and day out and find all of these great quotes, share them, and never take heed, learn from them and apply them to my own life. Without even realizing it, I believe that when all of a sudden I started having problems with my internet it was an opportunity for me to sit back, get quiet (as far as my time spent online) and do some serious reflecting on how it was affecting my family life. I started seeing some not so pretty things. I started seeing how much time I was taking away from my family by being so devoted to my online ventures.

The end result of my personal reflection is that family truly comes first, although that was said many times before it took letting go of some of the things that I am passionate about before I could really see what that meant to me.

I'm not going anywhere, just won't be around everyday like I used to. Sort of like what you've been noticing within the past month or so. I'll be around to visit my favorite blogs and leave my '2 cents', as usual, just not as often as before. And if you see me you'd better know that you mean something to me, that you have left an impression on Lisa C for me to take that time and spend it with you. ;) Muah~~~

Before I go I want to acknowledge my beautiful friends who took the time to comment on my last post. I appreciate it because with the many blogs out there to read and spend your valuable time at, you chose to stop by me.

Sincere, Torrance, Mrs. G, Aly, Marcus, Shelia, Malcolm, Dari, Jay, Tanyetta, and Rolando!

Comments

  1. I feel you girl. I need to get up off my butt and do some of the things I say I "should" be doing. . . .Let me stop lying, cuz I'ma get right off the computer and go and watch Judge Mathis. *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What up!! You know you got me thinking about how important family is with your words! family does come first and thanks for pointing that out to me!
    Peace
    Sincere

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah.. have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lisa,

    honestly, i feel you. i want to blog but i don't want it to take over my life like i need to 24/7... more recently, i've been blogging but not like a addict. but take your time with your family, life, we'll still be here, i'm sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aly~ What's up lady!! LOL, you always crack me up, don't stop, I love it!!

    Hi Sincere~ I know you're doing your best with your beautiful family, they love you for it. I'm glad that I can keep you thinking, especially about the 'good' things in life.

    Hi Jay~ Thanks for understanding and finding your place at Lisa C's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doh! I'm coming back and now you're leaving. Well I know exactly how that is. You have to do what you have to do and family comes first.

    I guess your internet went down for a reason and now you know.

    Peace be with you Lisa. I'll be here and out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:14 PM

    For sho Lisa! I love coming by here and I am glad that you added a new post so that I could comment. I definitely looking forward to seeing you around 'M-o-M'.

    Take care sis.

    MARCUS LANGFORD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rolando~ I'm not leaving, just not going to be on every hour of the day :0) Btw, I like what you got going on at your new spot. I plan on visiting soon.

    Hi Marcus~ What's going on brotha :) It's always good to see you around. I've missed M-o-M so you'll see me pretty soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just like seeing someone with the same values and interests as me. I feel you are one step ahead and I learn a lot from you. If I need to know about blogging, homeschooling, marriage, being a wife, a mother, I can come here and find the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. at least u realize that family is first and u can seaech your soul as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mrs G.~ This is why it's worth it. Girl you almost brought me to tears but instead of crying I smiled because you really made a sister feel good~~~~~ :) Thank you, Sis!!

    Hi Torrance~ You are right about that! Kiss your pretty little girl for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa each and every bit of your wonderful heart comes through the words of this blog. That's why this is one of the places that I choose to stop by.

    I also stop by because of your sincerity, it's uncompromised and, like Mrs. Grapevine, I truly enjoy sharing in that aspect of you.

    I'll catch you whenever you're here, in the meantime, I hope that you and your family continue to be blessed and filled with loved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shelia~ I've had the pleasure of meeting some really special people through my blog, you a certainly one of them. Thank you so much for you beautiful words. These are the kind of comments I re-read when I'm having those "not so good days". Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:15 PM

    Happy New Year Lisa!!

    Those of us who love, honor, and respect you will always be here for you, standing by your side, praying for you, wishing nothing but God's best for you and your family.

    As evidenced by the previous comments, you have something to say and I'm glad you love us enough to share your insights.

    Manchild

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Manchild~ You've been busy, now I can see why. Congrats on your book!! It's good seeing you again :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?