Do You Have What it Takes...


“Do everything with a mind that lets go . . . If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace. If you let go completely, you will know complete peace and freedom. Your struggle with the world will have come to an end.” ~ –Ajahn Chah


I found this quote this morning that lead me to ask……

What does it mean to win? Have you ever asked yourself that question? Everyday, there are people who get up out of bed to take on yet another day of their life. For some, a plan is set in place with what they have to accomplish for that day. For others it’s pretty much hit or miss, whatever happens happens.

How do you approach your days? Do you have a winning attitude that will lead to your success?

You certainly don’t have to answer these questions, here. I don’t want you to feel pressured. I just want you to think about it and find your answers for yourself.

Comments

  1. Hi Therer,
    Nice to meet you, and a very interesting post.
    It would appear that your post and your quote are in contradiction to each other. On one hand you have the letting go and flow with it attitude and on the other hand you have the move forward with purpose attitude.
    People need to be careful to not be an extremist in either half. We need a balance of "Purposeful Drive" AND "Freedom" in order to live a happy, and productive life!

    I really like your blog!

    Blessings to you and yours!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Regina~ Welcome to Lisa C's! Thanks for your comment, I can appreciate your perspective. After reading this quote, I was compelled to ask myself the questions that followed. Because for me, having peace means winning and winning means success. It also means having the freedom to live a purposeful driven life that is not consumed with negative influences that takes away from that peace. Just my perspective.
    Hope this helps in clarifying things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chil' if I drag my azz out the bed in the morning to fix oatmeal and watch PBS kids with the girls, then I done good. LOL

    I know I have an "attitude" but not so much a winning one. *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    I love the quote. I for one have started 'letting go' late in the year. I plan to let go of a LOT more in '08 and I can't wait for that peace of mind to come. :o) Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great quote! I honest go back and forth about this. Sometimes I have a plan other times I like the excitement of not knowing what is going to happen next. Then I realize I like order and need to have some sort of plan. Ultimately I feel that God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aly~ Sometimes the best gifts we give our children is time. You go Mommy :)

    Hi Shae-Shae~ It's been awhile, good to see you again! May you achieve that peace :)

    Hi Mahogany Momma~ Welcome to Lisa C's! Thank you for sharing. Have a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?