When Life Brings Change, Just Flow With It!


I want you to stop for a moment and take a deep breath with me. Ok, ready. Inhale......and exhale. Again, inhale.....and exhale. Good! Now let's begin. :)

Within the space of a week and a half I have joined a new homeschooling group and met with them on Tuesday of last week. I enrolled my three older children in a music class, today was their second time going. David and I took on a new business venture after going to a meeting at my Mother's home last week Sunday. I'll write about it soon. I reunited with some really good friends of the family and found out that their daughter has graduated with a degree in early childcare hence the chance to have a date night last Sunday night. She was awesome with the children. The timing is perfect. This will allow us time to build our business and feel good about leaving our children for business related outings, such as the one next week in Dallas, Texas. Our oldest has also started taking a knitting class with this same young lady. Her first class was last week Thursday. She's so excited!! We've set up two days out of the week for her to learn.
Oh, and how could I forget to mention, I have successfully weaned my little Joshy. YAY!!! Yes, I'm free and so are my girls ;) The transition was the smoothest ever. I was a little apprehensive at first because I didn't know what to expect. History said that it would be three days of sleepless nights and a screaming baby so I was leaning towards that. Not this time. It was as if he knew things were shifting in our lives and he just had to follow suit. He's taking the sippy cup like a pro! You go Joshy!!

I've also been spending time at some of my favorite blogs. One of them has me on this fun scavenger hunt. I've figured out thirteen out of the fifteen clues, two of them are just kicking my butt. Ha!
Please take some time to read The Power in Conversational Commenting at Bobby's place. I think all blogger's, new and old, would benefit from this insightful post. Trust me on this. Just go and see for yourself. If you leave a comment let me know.
Opal's been teaching me how to heal myself naturally. With the cold season approaching I can never be too prepared with a houseful of little ones. When one gets ill, it's a train reaction. And with our new schedule and obligations that just won't work. You'll like what Opal is teaching because if you're like me and prefer natural remedies, hers are easy to comprehend. And this goes along the lines of me wanting to study Naturopathy.

Just in the space of a week and a half my life has taken on all of these new wonderful and exciting changes. So, taking deep breathes is one way that helps me to remain centered. As a matter of fact I don't leave home without it. However if I forget, things like this happen. LOL!

I'm always interested in learning more ways to remain at peace and centered, any suggestions? What do you do?

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:24 AM

    as per Nicey of http://niceylicious.blogspot.com

    stressed is desserts spelled backwards. hmmm..

    so to ease stress? the answer is....?! DESSERTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parisukat~ Ooohh, an excuse for a sweet treat. Now I can get with that. One of my favorites is Cotton Candy Ice Cream, by Brusters. Yummy! Thanks for your suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're going with the flow Lisa. It's the only way to go, otherwise, it will be an uphill battle.

    Good thing I'm a reader of yours cause I your answer right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rolando~ It feels good. Everything is falling into place. I'm glad that you are one of my faithful and dependable readers. You are welcome anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lisa! As the mother of a daughter in college and a son in high school I have time now that I forgot existed; praise be to Jesus!!!!. But the one thing that I learned to do even when my children were very small was to pull out of my family life and just be Shelia on a regular schedule. That might just be an hour or two once weekly. I would use the time to go to Barnes and Noble, grab a book and a cup of coffee; or drive to the dock and just sit in my car listening to music and watching the boats. Quiet time work for me, I need it to commune with God, nature and my spirit. It keeps me whole. You can become very fractured being wife, lover, mom, taxi, cook, daughter, etc., etc., etc., all day EVERYDAY. Because we love our husbands and family we count most of our day a joy and a pleasure and thank God for it. But I promise you, it is not possible to be all things to all people at all times. Work out some Lisa time with your husband and schedule some for him too. It is an important aspect of being all that you can be to your family.

    And a particularly special yay for ya' girls. I nursed both of my children for a year. And as much as I loved it, I was glad to finally not be someone's meal, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelia~ Grabbing a book and a Vanilla Latte at the book store sounds so good! That was one of my favorite things to do before I got pregnant with Joshy. I haven't been able to in a long time. It's really overdue. Now that he's weaned I'm hoping to rekindle that flame again. :)
    I'm so glad you can relate to, and understand the many hats I wear. I have a lot to work with and I understand it's what I've been given. Being less than who they need me to be is not an option so I do need my 'Lisa' time. Over the years I've come to realize how important that is.
    LOL...now that I'm no longer Joshy's 'meal', I will be taking 'Lisa' time a whole lot regularly. :)
    Thanks for your advice and it's good to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Lisa!!! How sweet of you. Commenting is the heart of blogging to me. Some folks just don't get it.

    It drives me crazy when I leave 3-4 comments on a blog and the author ignores them. They could type "Cool" and I'd be happier!

    That would be funny though! My all time least fav comment to have someone leave is. "Nice post."
    When you go to see who they are, it's Norma'a Wig World.com where you can't even leave a comment and say, "Nice wigs." Ha ha ha:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh good for you Hon. Ain't nothing like living life peaceful and stress free. I'm ain't myself this week so I'ma have to get back to you once I get may hair, nails and feet did. LOL (then I'll be right)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bobby~ You are welcome! It's a really good post. So I wanted to share it with my readers. Everyone can benefit from it.

    Haha!! "Nice wigs", huh? That's funny!!

    Aly~ Get right girl, lol!! I know what you mean. I felt like that yesterday so I took my butt to bed early, before midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:24 PM

    Going with the flow is all any of us can do in order to keep our sanity. I'm glad you are doing the same. Looks like the flow will be carrying you for quite some time.

    I know that you will complete that scavenger hunt. You are intelligent. The answers will come. I know so.

    I like the new "Image of the Week."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erina~ I had no idea. But it's been great so far. I've been very busy and doing my best to keep things and everyone organized.

    I haven't had time to even look at the hunt this week. I'll be back on it when I carve out some time.

    That image captured my heart. Her eyes said so much that I had to share it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!