Wordless Wednesday..#19 Jena 6









Check out more of my WW's here!

Comments

  1. Do tell what Jenna six is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 AM

    What exactly did Jena's 6 do to end up in captivity? ;)
    Mine is up as well.
    Blessings,
    ~Toni~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, please do tell...
    Mine is up as well... Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, thanks for stopping by. Here is more information about Jena 6.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa

    Thanks for stopping by my blog... how you manage to write with five kidlets is beyond me!

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not "wordless" but very timely. Hopefully more people read about the "Jena 6."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let justice came true

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:10 AM

    i dunno? but let her be free

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:47 AM

    Thanks for stopping by my site. Like your message, I've heard about this situation for a few months now - injustice alive and well in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:03 AM

    freedom is for all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa ... you and I had the same thought for Wordless Wednesday. Well done!

    peace, Villager

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:26 AM

    I like the way you bring out an issue. Very creative and not offending others. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Today is the Big Day in Jena, don't forget to "virtual march" if you aren't able to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Very well done! I just blogged on the same topic today :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative even for being 'wordless'! Great photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Tomorrow is the Big Day...

    I was so excited I woke up thinking today was the 20th, only to wake up and watch OJ Simpson all over my TV. I can't find the Jena 6 report anywhere. Did OJ Simpson upstage Jena, LA...

    No I'm just delusional, today is the 19th. Say a prayer for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mrs. Grapevine ~ I thought today was the day too. We must be on the same time called "babies on the brain"...lol!

    Let's just get ready for tomorrow then, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think 5 of the 6 are out on bond, but Bell's family has not been able to raise the ridiculous $125,000 bond to get him out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lisa, that's very smart to bring up a controversial issue. Hope they be freed. Freedom is a basic right.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11:15 PM

    I hope her generation makes the big difference!

    Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great way to get the word out. I had no idea what Jena 6 was before now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Lisa..
    That is important to get the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great subject on WW! I hope more people read about them now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. While we have to have sympathy with this case, I hope things don't get too out of proprtion.

    In the UK, the 'coloured' communities run roughshod over law and order, and almost 'always' play the race-card when arrested for their wrong-doings.

    The British government has made the lagal system so 'scared' of offending the 'race card' that the 'white' communities can do no right. As a country, the UK is NOT racially discriminative and on the whole we all get on really well.

    Ironically, even the 'coloured' communities are feeling 'offended' by the legal system.
    They feel as though they are being treated as 'special cases' with 'special needs', and as you know, the coloured communities are 'strong' and 'proud'. The current 'pandering' makes them feel 'silly' to be blunt.

    So while I applaud your stand and wish you well. I really hope laws don't follow that mimic our laws in the UK.

    Good luck to you.

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous10:41 AM

    I had never heard of this, Lisa.

    So much segregation and hate. It is awful to think this happened.

    Have you ever read the novel Native Son by Richard Wright? It deals with social inequalities and racial politics during the 30's. It is one of my favorite books. If you are interested in current events, such as the one you pointed out in this post, I feel that you would enjoy Native Son.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Erina ~ I've heard of this book, but never read it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention again.
    I'm all for anything that will open our minds and allow us to broaden our perspective on the way we look at things.

    In this situation the cards are clearly on the table. At this point we need not make any excuses for this kind of injustice. What's right is right and we all need to come together and stand by that.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous2:15 AM

    As I've been watching and reading the coverage... the long-awaited coverage... of the Jena Six situation, I cannot help but feel angered at my former profession, the "media".
    First, it's covered this travesty in Louisiana far too little, and covered Paris, Lindsey, Brittney, and OJ far too much... in my humble opinion.
    Now, when the "media" does cover the marches and vigils... and NOT the story itself, it is leaving out some crucial facts to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous9:58 AM

    I don't know if you are interested, but the Jena 6 will be on Dr. Phil today. I saw a commercial for it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Erina~ Thanks for the info. If I have a moment today, I'll tune in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!