Daddy's Little Girl


As I'm sitting here I'm thinking back on my childhood and what being a "Daddy's Little Girl" meant to me. I can remember these great big arms held out in front of me ready to take me in and protect me. I remember that when I got into those arms it was time to fly. Yes, fly! He would swing me around in the air so high and fast, I can hear my Mom saying "be careful not to drop her". Those were the days. Now it's my little girls turn to experience the joy and love of what being a Daddy's little girl can bring.
My husband didn't grow up with his Dad (unfortunate for his Dad) but has some how come to understand the important role of being a Dad.
I love to watch him play with his children. To see their little faces lit up with excitement and anticipation of what he's going to do next. Daddy being silly is the best. I love the way he looks at them and the way they look back. I watch and know that his eyes are saying so much because no father can look into the eyes of his daughter without feeling a sense of pride that awakens protective instincts deep within him. I know because my Dad would look at me the same way.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    I love this post. My Dad is coming here to IL for Father's Day and I too am and always was a Daddy's Girl. He is traveling here from Bay Minette, AL to do some fishing at our lakehouse. His birthday and Father's Day are like a week apart so I am planning a HUGE celebration. His health is deteriorating and I am looking forward to some time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Oooops, I wanted to tell you something. In a lot of ways you and my daughter-in-law look a bit alike. I think she is probably a bit heavier than you but the facial resemblance is very similar.

    I will have to post a photo of her for you to see sometimes. She is quite lovely and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 AM

    There is a TAG for you over at my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi lisa! thanks for stopping by my blog. I feel the same way too, i was a daddy's lil girl, and looking at my husband and how he treats our girl is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?