Unbelievable!


Disconnect WHAT?? I've been having problems with my phone company. Ever since we made the switch back in October it's been nothing short of a headache. They came to my house this morning saying that they had to collect a whopping $455, my eyes popped out of my head.


Here's the run down. When we switched service in October, the next day we woke up and both of our phone lines were disconnected (the reason for the switch was to add a second line to use for our business and we wanted to have this company provide all of our services-cable, phone, and internet) they came to my house and couldn't figure out what happened. Why weren’t the phones working. After a couple of hours they finally got it worked out and promised us that our caller id's should be working by the end of the day. It's February, the caller id's still don't say what we want them too. A few weeks later we couldn't receive calls but we could call out. People were telling us that every time they called us they got a signal saying that this line has been temporarily disc., but we had a dial tone on our end and could make calls just fine. They finally fixed this problem a week later.

In Nov. they gave us a huge discount for all of the inconvience. But it's not over. One day in Nov. a friend of mine called me on the cell and said, "Lisa there is a strange man answering your phone, who's at your house"? I said huh? What are you talking about? So you know what I did right? I called my house phone and sure enough a strange man answered my phone and said he's been getting my calls all day because apparentely our lines got crossed somehow. Unbelievable!!! Come to find out, this man uses the same company and his calls were going somewhere else as well. I kindly asked him to please take my messages for me and I will try and get this thing squared away. He was so helpful, thanks James! They finally fixed that problem a day later by giving us a new number, saying that the number we had never belonged to there system. Huh, how could that be when they are the ones that gave us that number. Geesh!!! You could tell at this moment I was pulling my hair out.

Do you really think that solved the problem? Nope, it created a whole new problem. Whenever we call the phone company guess what number we give them to pull up our account. Not the last one they gave us, not the one before, we use the number that we had with the previous company, because the number they gave us is not on our account. These people are kidding!!!!

Ok, In late Nov. our home line just stopped working all together, I tried calling and one of the representatives told us that we should try changing the number again and the new number will be working w/in the week. It’s Feb. and the number still hasn’t been changed, the reason: they can’t change the number if it doesn’t exist in there system. I’ve given up.

Our business line has become our home line as well, our caller id has never been corrected, we only use the home line to call out, unreluctantly because we don’t want people to see it come up on their caller id and think it’s ok to use when calling us, we are paying for service that has brought more stress than we’d liked, no one can figure out what’s going on, and now this BILL shows up this morning. Livid, just livid!

I had to get this off my chest in order to prepare myself to dive into this situation again. This time I’m not going down without getting exactly what I want and how I want it.

Keep in mind, we have had their cable and internet service for two years and love it. This is the only reason we decided to give there new phone service a try. We couldn’t have forseen this nightmare! This is one for the books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!