Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!

Last week Thursday we celebrated our oldest daughters birthday, she turned 13 years old!!! I still can't believe our little girl is now a teenager. The advice that I've been given so far has been to get ready because these years are a whole different ball game. To the ones reading this who have teenagers, I guess you know what I mean. I can remember when I turned 13, I swore I knew it all and I mean it. I was like Kanye...uh uh you can't tell me nothing! Stubborn and strong willed like a mule. That's probably why I got into so much trouble. HA!

**Dear Nish,
I am so proud and honored to be your Mommy! You have taught me so much. Yes, you have. From day one I've been in training and with each day that continues to go by is just another day that I'm blessed with the opportunity to learn from you. To learn how to be my best as your Mother.
The day you came in to my life changed me completely. I wasn't prepared on so many levels. I was a scared little thing, not knowing the seriousness of the journey that I was about to embark upon. There where many days in the beginning that I didn't know whether or not I was going to be good at this. So many questions, so much doubt, so much uncertainty and fear, it's amazing how far we have come.
Nish, you are a beautiful young lady who I admire and respect. You have confidence that I was I had when I was your age. You are so smart! I love how you teach me new and exciting thing that you learn as you read and grow. Like the time you taught me that crickets chirp differently depending on the temperature. That was a good one, who would have known, I think you were 7 or 8? Or the time many other times you shared things with me that made me proud of how much you are learning.
Stay Sweet, Love Mommy :)

Comments

  1. Those photos are so gorgeous and they make me so sad. My older daughter is 13 and it is VERY different. She is still very much a girl but at the same time things are not the same.

    Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There! I have been to your blog a couple of times, I don't think I have ever commented but I want to say Happy Birthday to your daughter -who is beautiful by the way! My youngest Daughter will be 14 on Saturday! Time flies!

    Peace & Love to you and yours,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, 13! She'll be ready for the 8th grade dinner dance, or something close, soon. She's BEAUTIFUL, with all the mess of hair *chuckle*

    Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful. I look at my girls and I so want them to slow down. It is the greatest joy in life to be a mother so everything is worth it. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for the beautiful comment!!! I'm soooooooo proud of her!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:05 PM

    I know how late this is, but I wanted to wish your daughter a happy belated birthday.

    I am sure you are too excited sis!

    Best wishes to you and yours.

    Marcus LANGFORD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, happy belated birthday to Nish. What a beautiful sweetie!

    I can just feel your love and pride through your words Lisa. I know exactly how you feel. My one and only daughter is still at home from her college winter break, she'll be leaving to return to school this Friday. She is my best bud and a smart, articulate young woman I am so very proud of her and happy for her.

    Watch out, I don't know how, but 13 to 18 goes by like a blur. Looking at the pictures you all are rearing a well rounded teen. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Bday to your daughter.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marcus~ Thanks!! I am excited, it's on now!

    Hi Shelia~ Sounds like you and your daughter are really close, that's the way it should be. Thanks for the advice, I know there are others who have healthy relationships with their kids!

    Hi Don~ Welcome to Lisa C's!!! Thanks for leaving your comment, it's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Many more birthdays to your daughter. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:30 AM

    Awwww that's so sweet, tell your husband to get the shotgun because she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?