My Monday Morning Started At 11:00PM...Last Night!


We had to take little j. to the Doctor this morning because last night he didn't sleep good and neither did we. He kept crying and crying and wouldn't stop. We were completely thrown because he had such a good day.

Could it be:
1. He's teething and it's bothering him? Yes, but a little baby Orajel and infants Tylenol should have done the trick. It didn't.
2. I ate something that didn't agree with him? Of course we couldn't come up with anything.
3. He was just so tired from everything we did yesterday and it was hard for him to fall asleep? Maybe.
4. He got bit by a bug and we didn't know? We checked all over, no bites. We even checked to see if there was a piece of hair wrapped around his little fingers and toes. None!
5. Because he's teething he could have an ear infection? Yes very possible but he didn't show the usual signs: fever, pulling at his ears (that looked like it was out of the norm for him because it's something he does often).

So you see, we were reaching for something that would make sense of it all. Something that we could do to fix it because after all it was after 1, then 2, then 3am and by this time we started sleeping standing up. We were that tired! It came down to us taking 15 min. naps while the other did the best they could to comfort him. Nothing seemed to work!

I called the after hours service and waited for the doctor to call. I fell asleep for maybe 5 min. when the phone rang. It wasn't the doctor but a nurse from Children's Health Care of Atlanta. That was fine. At this point anyone's input would have been appreciated. Unfortunately she didn't offer much help. The end result was to wait it out and if he was still like this in the morning (it was morning, after 4am to be exact) take him to see the doctor.

We pull up at the kids Pediatricians office and right behind us (with their lights flashing and sirens blowing) a fire truck and ambulance pull up. D. and I look at each other and said now what? Mind you we were so tired and stretched at this point that we didn't need anything else on our plate. Turns out a little boy about 8 or 9 years old had a Seizure Attack and needed to be taken to the hospital. After seeing the little boy wheeled out on a stretcher it made our situation a lot easier to deal with.

As we were sitting in the waiting room D. decides to take little j. outside to get some fresh air to see if that would make him feel better. It wasn't 10 minutes later before he came back inside with a peacefully sleeping baby. Now how do you explain that to the Dr.?
Here it is this same little peaceful baby is that baby who didn't sleep longer than 15 minutes at a time last night, cried all night long as if something was terribly wrong, kept the house up with his crying, and wouldn't calm down no matter what D. and I tried to do is sleeping so peacefully right now. It never fails, it always seems to work out that way. Now he decides to get his sleep on.

She took a look and the diagnosis was a healthy and happy 16 pound 13 ounce little baby who might have been suffering from a little gas. Gas, that's it?. No ear infection, no other explainable thing going on with him. No, nothing else but a little gas. Don't get me wrong we were relieved to hear that that was all it was.

Maybe the universe worked it out so that D. and I could get to have sometime alone together. Yes, even going to the pediatrician with little j. is counted as time alone for us. We were rolling 3 deep, not 7.

What did I tell ya, "It's never a dull moment in this kettle".

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:21 AM

    Lol.

    I am laughing because Buchela did this to us a couple of times too and
    I felt like a complete idiot at the Doctor's office because he was just fine by the time we got to see a pediatrician.

    Boy, do I hear you!

    On a different note, little j is totally adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thanks for the comment on my blog.

    Yes, it is scary when something is wrong with your baby and you aren't sure what. My little guy actually doesn't go #2 (as my kids call it) for at least 2-3 days so he gets very irritable when the time comes and boy does he get gas. It's amazing how much that gas will keep them up. Hope your little one is feeling better now. Love that smiling pic of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hat is off to you because I have three and sometimes I think I may just lose my natural mind, but five? God bless your strength, sista girl!

    Love your blog, thanks for stopping by and sending a nice note. I'll be back.

    Evelyn
    my blog:
    http://www.productivepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've done that before...took the baby to the doctor b/c he was up all night and thought that something must be terribly wrong. Nope. Nothing wrong. Just awake and crying all night. Gotta love it.
    Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Aww what a sweetie!
    Whew! What a relief,eh? I know you're both happy that J is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:08 PM

    He is just too adorable and sweet I wouldn't want him to be upset either. I'm so glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Just seeing this, I hope everything is okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. who knew gas could cause such a problem? i've had one of those incidents...my little guy (19mos now) wakes up from time to time and just CRIES, CRIES CRIES!! he doesn't want to be held, he doesn't want to be put down. but i figured it MUST be gas because of the way he's kicking his legs & doesn't want me to touch his tummy.

    i'm glad your little one is ok...he is so cute!

    bless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

An Award? For Me?!

Is Too Much Sex Bad For Your Health?