The Times A Changing...

I have butterflies in my stomach right now. One minute I feel queasy the next it feels so good. I know you guys can tell by now that I’m a “feelly” kind of person, right? I have a good reason for all of these feelings though. Some really, really exciting news….I’ve decided to go back to School!!

I know, I know it’s happening all so fast but I did it. It’s been well over 10 years since I’ve been a student. I’m very nervous but looking forward to the new challenge. To top it off D. will be joining me on this journey as well; we both started our first class today, Personal Dimensions of Education. We are taking the same course but we are not in the same class. I just turned in my first assignment today which was to post my introduction to my instructor and classmates. That was the first step. Now all I have to do is keep putting one foot in front of the other until I’ve reached my goal.

I talked to a good friend of mine today who just graduated himself. He gave me some good advice that I will hold on to when times get rough.

He said, “Congratulations on your decision to go back to school.
I know that you will successfully achieve your goals.
Don't let any difficulties that you may encounter stop you from doing
what you desire. I know that juggling a family and doing school work can
be stressful but you are so bright and full of life that you will just
take it in stride.

Consider this:
Martin Luther King once told a story of a young couple on a hiking
outing where the young lady was complaining about how rough the uphill
trail was and how it was not smooth and easy. The young man replied that
if the trail were smooth and easy they would not have anything to use as
leverage to climb to the top...keep that in mind as you progress..”

~Thank you

Give me some luv you guys...what advice do you have for me as I venture out on this new journey?



post signature

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:47 AM

    I wish you tons of luck. Just take your time and go with your instincts. This is big step but just believe in yourself. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome for you Lisa! I don't need to wish you lucj because you won't need it. You will be just fine and how cool is it that your hubby is going to school with you?! Your children must be so proud. Don't overwhelm yourself with things that you can't get done. I wish you the best and I'm very excited for you for stepping out and doing something that most moms don't have the nerve to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD LUCK Lisa!!! I'm sure you'll do great, congrats on taking that step. Last year at this time I decided to go back to school as well to the Art Institute Online for web design. I since dropped out, not because it was too hard or lack of time, simply because the course was a joke and a half and I didn't want to continue to waste my money at an institution that would get me no where in the future. So I will be going back, it's a struggle balancing but it can be done, and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulations Lisa!!! I know that you will be able to to juggle what you need because you are definitely a supermommy, wife , and friend... your journey will be great... blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Congratulations Lisa!!

    Yes!! How exciting! Since impossible ain't nothing but a word to God, go for it.

    I believe in you.

    Manchild

    ReplyDelete
  6. Self-improvement....a beautiful thing. I know you will do well. Your writings, views, and ideals are a clear indication of that. Good luck and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1stopmom ~ Thanks, lady :-)

    Sheliza ~ My kids are getting a kick out of asking, "mommy are you studying?" I say yes and they giggle.

    Gina ~ At least you didn't stay because you felt obligated. You made the right choice. Please let me know when you are getting ready to go back. If we are in school at the same time that would be great!

    Torrance ~ Yes, Professor. Your students must love you.

    Donna ~ I need friends like you around, always.

    Manchild ~ Where have you been?? Thank you for believing in me.

    Blog Queen ~ I'm coming over to visit with you. I don't believe we ever met. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Good for you! I was a school-a-holic at one point. If I could go to school for free I'd be there now. I never get tired of learning, I just get tired of those school loans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go for it! Blessings and favor to you sister.

    In a few years I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shae-Shae ~ I'll keep that in mind.

    Believer 1964 ~ Thanks!! And, congrats to you for making that decision!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments because I love hearing from you. Engage with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I was born to be a Diva, Were You? Giveaway!!!

An Award? For Me?!